Opportunity Finance Network (OFN) is looking for an experienced Government Relations Senior Associate to advance OFNs public policy agenda and raise the visibility of the CDFI industry. The Senior Associate will be responsible for promoting OFNs policy agenda and raising the organizations profile with policymakers and other key audiences. Working with OFNs External Affairs team, the successful candidate will lead legislative and regulatory advocacy efforts related to policies impacting the CDFI industry; effectively engage the OFN membership in advocacy activities; and represent OFN with federal policymakers, national coalitions, and other ally organizations. The position requires excellent writing and communication skills, knowledge of the federal legislative and regulatory process, and strong interest in community and economic development.
OFN is a leading national network of CDFIs headquartered in Washington, D.C. In pursuit of our mission to align capital with social, economic, and political justice, OFN supports its 360+ member CDFIs to drive transformational change in financially underserved rural, urban, and Native communities nationwide. We help money flow to people and places where traditional finance doesnt reach. As a financial intermediary, OFN secures private capital for CDFIs through strategic partnerships with leading corporations such as Google and Twitter, mainstream financial institutions such as Bank of America and Wells Fargo, and philanthropic organizations such as the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.
OFN builds the strength of its membership and other CDFIs through financial products and services, events, training, research, policy advocacy, and visibility. Currently, OFN has an on-balance sheet loan portfolio of $150 million and manages capital on-and off-balance sheets of nearly $1 billion, and has plans to bring an additional $1 billion in new private capital to the industry.
To learn more, visit: https://www.ofn.org/
People who work at OFN come from a variety of professional and academic backgrounds. If you:
- Have a passion for the mission and true believer in our core purpose
- Have courage to be a fearless advocate who is confident and resilient in our fight to drive capital into low-income and low-wealth communities
- Are a smart, quick seekers of knowledge who thrive on creating and developing new strategies, products, and programs for increasing capital to communities we serve
- Desire to be a collaborative team player who possesses humility and a willingness to lean in to support all areas of our work
Come be a part of our growing diverse, highly committed, skilled, and collaborative staff. At OFN, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive workplace, so if you are excited about this role but your experience does not align perfectly with every qualification, we encourage you to apply nonetheless. You may be the right candidate for this or other roles.
This position is based in Washington, D.C. All staff currently work a hybrid schedule.
- Communicates OFNs public policy positions to Members of Congress, Congressional staff, and Administration officials.
- Participate in the development of policy positions, strategies, and execution of tactics to advance OFNs public policy agenda.
- Develops and maintains close working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, including but not limited to Congressional staff, national coalitions, and ally organizations.
- Interpret, analyze, and draft legislative and regulatory policy proposals.
- Monitors relevant legislation and regulations impacting the CDFI industry.
- Develops materials, including position papers and fact sheets, needed to effectively advocate OFNs policy positions.
- Inform, coordinate, and mobilize member participation in grassroots advocacy efforts.
- Represents OFN at events and meetings related to OFNs public policy agenda.