Turning Point Community Programs is seeking a Department of People Operations Supervisor for our Home Office in Rancho Cordova. Turning Point Community Programs (TPCP) provides integrated, cost-effective mental health services, employment and housing for adults, children and their families that promote recovery, independence and self-sufficiency. We are committed to innovative and high quality services that assist adults and children with psychiatric, emotional and/or developmental disabilities in achieving their goals. Turning Point Community Programs (TPCP) has offered a path to mental health and recovery since 1976. We help people in our community every single day – creating a better space for all types of people in need. Join our mission of offering hope, respect and support to our clients on their journey to mental health and wellness.
Under the direction of the Assistant Director of People Operations or designee, this position assists the department of People Operations in carrying out human resource activities and ensuring efficient operations of the People Operations department.
This is a lead position that will provide general exposure to all disciplines within the DPO function. In addition to being responsible for the completion of their own assignments, incumbents in this classification routinely assist with scheduling, work flow planning, giving direction, monitoring, training, and orienting staff.
This class differs form the Department of People Operations Coordinator in that the incumbent will supervise the Coordinator and focus on overseeing and streamlining all processes within the department of people operations. This position differs form the Assistant Director in that is does not possess the supervisory duties associated with promoting, disciplining, and discharging, but may provide input into such processes.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES (ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY)
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that could be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this class.
- Streamlining People Operations processes/PLCs, mail, etc. and overseeing, assigning tasks, and following up on HR Coordinator, Assistants and Records Retention Clerk.
- Provides direction, advice, counseling and support to all Program Directors, supervisors, and staff members about People Operations processes.
- Assisting with recruiting and working directly with all new hires ensuring a smooth onboarding process.
- Conducting all orientations
- Oversees all record keeping and processing for all agency employees including records audits, CCL’s, I-9‘s and driving documents etc.
- Performing all separation processes (requesting final checks and completing the PLCs and Ascentis entries, ensuring packets/checks are mailed timely and so on)
- PLC verifications
- Overseas Criminal Record clearance process.
- Cross trains with Benefits specialist and People Operations generalist and serves as backup when necessary
- Works in conjunction with the Director and Assistant director of People Operations to conduct performance reviews for the Coordinator, Assistants, and the Records Retention Clerk.
- Provides support to other staff as needed.
- Performs other projects/duties as needed or assigned by the Assistant Director of People Operations
- TPCP procedures, rules and regulations and related documents governing DPO.
- Federal and state fair employment laws, regulations and related legislation including Equal Employment Opportunity, Americans with Disabilities Act and FEHA, Fair Employment Act, ADEA, FMLA/CFRA, etc.
- TPCP DPO policies and procedures and labor code provision.
- TPCP organization, operations, policies, and mission.
- Principles and practices of sound business communication.
- Applicant Tracking and Human Resources Information Systems; and,
- Standard business software, including word processing and spreadsheet programs
- Use common computer software including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Accept complete responsibility and accountability for actions.
- Act with dependability and trustworthiness.
- Work quickly and accurately.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Problem solve and make sound decisions within the bounds of agency policy and procedure.
- Focus on details.
- Be flexible around rapidly changing schedules and workload demands.
- Meet and deal effectively with a wide variety of people using the best principles of customer service.
- Work effectively under pressure and with distractions.
- Organize time, workload, and materials and follow a systematic method of task performance.
- Get to multiple locations, as needed.
Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Compensation: $28.00 - 30.31 per hour plus a 1000-dollar sign on bonus
Interested? Join us at our open interviews on Thursdays from 2-4PM,
located at 10850 Gold Center Drive, Suite 325, Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW!
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES
Education, Training and Experience
A typical way of obtaining the required knowledge, skills and abilities outlined above is through graduation from an accredited college or university with an associate degree in business administration, human resources, industrial relations, psychology, or another related field; or at least three (3) year of experience within a formal human resources program performing general administrative duties; and at least one (1) year of supervisory experience. Additional professional/technical human resources experience may be substituted for the education on a year for year basis.
Licenses; Certificates; Special Requirements:
- Maintenance of a valid California driver’s license & current vehicle insurance/registration
- Reliable means of transportation capable of passing vehicle safety inspection if more than five years old excluding all modes of two-wheeled transport inclusive of bicycles, mopeds, and motorcycles.