The Psychometrician oversees the development, delivery, and maintenance of standardized examinations and all related assessment activities. The Psychometrician must manage all processes and tasks of the assessment programs, including maintenance of examinations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Advises on high-profile issues, including testing reliability, validity, and development.
- Collaborates with the director to determine testing calendar for all examinations.
- Liaises with external third-party vendors on matters related to test publication.
- Generates and reviews test publication documents.
- Calculates psychometric statistics for all items and guides maintenance of item bank.
- Assists director with the implementation of procedures to maintain item/test security, validity, reliability, and appropriateness.
- Assists with determining the abilities, skills, and knowledge needed to do the job and create the specifications of tests.
- Translates customers' strategic business goals into performance requirements and designs measurement solutions that measure the impact of learning on those requirements.
- Designs, develops, and implements measurement and evaluation strategies to assess the efficiency and effectiveness of learning initiatives on performance.
- Collaborates with project teams to strategize, design, develop, and execute evaluation and assessment plans for specific projects and initiatives.
- Plans, coordinates, and performs statistical analysis on all new and existing assessment programs and projects piloted and implemented at NBCC.
- Attends examination committee meetings held approximately six Saturdays per year.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Attention to Detail Ability to pay close attention to detail for accuracy and thoroughness in completing work.
- Problem Solving/Analysis Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to see an issue and use objective analysis and evaluation in order to form a judgment.
- Collaboration and Teamwork Ability to work cooperatively with other individuals and make valued contributions to the outputs of others in order to assist own team or project to achieve the required outputs.
- Communication Ability to listen to others, process information, and communicate effectively in oral and written formats, including knowledge of the structure and content of the English language.
- Project Management Ability to work on projects with firm deadlines, project plans, and budgets.
- Master's degree in educational testing, psychology, or psychometrics required; or related field with emphasis on quantitative analysis or psychometrics
- Three (3) or more years' progressive professional experience managing processes and training in psychometric research and statistics
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Demonstrated proficiency with evaluation/assessment development and administration and survey research design and administration
- Advanced-level use of relevant tools, including testing and survey platforms, statistical analysis
- PhD in educational psychology, psychometrics, or closely related field
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low.
- Mostly remote. Onsite scheduled days as needed.
All positions, regardless of current work location noted on this job description, may change work location requirements from time to time based on business demand.
- Up to 10% travel required.
Essential Physical Demands:
- Communicate with others verbally, including ability to talk or hear, and understand and distinguish speech and/or other sounds.
- Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one workspace to another.
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands, and/or fingers such as simple grasping, keyboarding, or fine manipulation.
- Sedentary work that primarily involves sitting.
- Light work that includes moving objects up to 20 pounds.
Disclaimer: The scope of the job may change based on business demands. The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list, and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee at any time.
|NBCC and Affiliates provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.