Virginia’s largest vineyard and winery is seeking their next General Manager to work alongside their Managing Director responsible for overseeing the day to day operations.
- Position Title: General Manager
- Location: Trump Winery in Charlottesville, VA - 15 minutes south of Charlottesville city limits
- Hours: Full-Time onsite
- Wage: Depends on experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field (business, economics, hospitality) or equivalent Winery Management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in chemistry, enology, or equivalent certifications (WSET, CSW, MW)
- Five+ years of demonstrated progress in leadership roles in a winery setting with strong relationship management and personnel administration with staffs of 60 or more.
- Experience with budgets of $10MM+, marketing, sales, human resources. Vineyard operations with 60+ acres, and winery operations of 20,000+ cases. Experience in direct to consumer wine sales, wholesale, and events.
- Detail-oriented with exceptional communication and leadership skills and ability to work strategically and collaboratively across departments.
- Exceptional project management skills with attention to detail
- High level of confidentiality a must
See why we’ve been named “one of the best places to work in Charlottesville”. We offer:
- Competitive pay
- 80% company paid medical, dental premiums, vision premiums with low deductibles
- Voluntary Life/AD&D available, Voluntary Accident Insurance available
- Vacation, sick, and holiday pay
- 401k with up to 6% company match
- Generous discounts on wine, merchandise, and hotels
- Mentor/lead management team to grow and develop strong effective leaders; fostering positive company culture, building moral, and creating an on-going positive work environment; maintaining a productive and professional workforce
- Define and execute sales and marketing strategies; increase sales and profitability; drive organizational goals
- Oversee and manage a proactive system of regular facility maintenance; capital planning, ongoing renovation projects to maintain highest standards
- Creation and oversight of financial planning including operating budget, capital budget, P&L, and cash flow; maintain controls for operating efficiency and profit reporting
- Develop and implement applicable training programs for departments; help to create and update SOPs when necessary
- Serve as liaison between operation departments and Managing Director; debriefing Managing Director on status of departments and escalating issues as needed
- Represent the company to all government agencies and ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations (TTB, Virginia ABC, Virginia Department of Health, etc.); land use, project management
- Stay abreast of industry trends that relate to the business and communicate to direct reports as well as other members on the team
- Provide leadership, management, and mentorship to the company staff and leaders, ensuring the organization’s vision and values are met
- Represent the winery at community and industry events
For consideration please include your resume and a cover letter with your salary requirements.
Trump Winery is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other categories protected by federal, state, and local law.
Trump Winery participates in the E-Verify Program (Identity and Employment Eligibility Verification) and uses E-Verify to confirm work authorization. Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States.
Este Empleador participa en E-Verify (Verificación de Documentos de Identidad y Elegibilidad de Empleo).