This position involves screening and hiring of new school bus drivers and attendants for the company's East Region.
This position will involve providing support to applicants, newly hired employees and Operations staff for the following Dean Operation Sites located on the east side of Michigan: Algonac, Almont, Bay City, Birch Run, Dearborn, Eastpointe, Grand Blanc, Marysville, North Branch, Otisville, Trenton, and Walled Lake. Frequent travel between these locations will be required; there is no set office location for this positon. Company vehicle is provided.
Pay is based on experience, full benefits package provided.
- Prescreen applicants to maintain appropriate staffing levels for each Dean operation site.
- Request missing documentation from applicants.
- Guide each candidate through our hiring process and answer applicant questions as they arise.
- Follow-up contact with applicants.
- Assist in scheduling and attending career fairs and community events with appropriate staff to generate qualified applicants.
- Assist with the candidate recruitment process by collecting all application materials and coordinating candidate interviews.
- Assist in managing candidate activity in the Applicant Tracking System.
- Maintain the recruiting mailbox and respond to job seeker inquiries via email, phone call and text messaging.
- Work with Human Resources to keep job postings accurate and up-to-date.
- Track personal recruiting activities with manager.
- Coordinate the pre and post-interview meetings.
- Comply with company policies and with applicable laws and regulations.
- Demonstrate professionalism in the workplace.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must have a valid Michigan license, a good driving record and minimum of 5 years' driving experience.
- Prior experience in Human Resources or Business related field is preferred but not required.
- Ability to positively advocate company to others.
- Possesses good judgment, flexibility, and the ability to work independently on assigned tasks.
- Ability to create organized processes and methods.
- Attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to productively interact with internal and external applicants.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Ability to process and evaluate confidential information and materials.
- Experience with scheduling in Outlook or a similar tool.
- Experienced in Microsoft Office Suite applications (specifically Excel), email, and internet browsers.