Turning Point Community Programs is seeking a Benefits Manager for our Home Office in Rancho Cordova. Turning Point Community Programs (TPCP) provides integrated, cost-effective mental health services, employment and housing for adults, children and their families that promote recovery, independence and self-sufficiency. We are committed to innovative and high quality services that assist adults and children with psychiatric, emotional and/or developmental disabilities in achieving their goals. Turning Point Community Programs (TPCP) has offered a path to mental health and recovery since 1976. We help people in our community every single day – creating a better space for all types of people in need. Join our mission of offering hope, respect and support to our clients on their journey to mental health and wellness.
Under administrative direction of the Department of People Operations (DPO) Director, this position is responsible for the administration of all employees’ benefits programs.
This is an at-will position within the home office. This position is responsible for all benefits and leaves of absences, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, retirement plan, and worker’s compensation; and oversight for the recording, recordkeeping, and fiscal responsibilities associated with benefits and leaves of absence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – (ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY)
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that could be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this class.
- Plans and directs implementation and administration of employee benefits program such as health insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, workers compensation, employee assistance, retirement, leave of absences, and other plans.
- Proactively troubleshoots and corrects employee eligibility, enrollments, and terminations for all plans.
- Coordinates the renewal of contracts, and serves as liaison, with benefit plan providers, auditors, third-party administrators (TPA), and consultants.
- Administers leaves of absence program, e.g., FMLA/CFRA/PDL laws, ensuring staff eligibility, verifying qualifying events, assigning leave, including record keeping, invoicing, accuracy of reports, timecards, and costs (employer costs and employee contributions).
- Oversees the return-to-work process for employees returning from extended FMLA, workers compensation, or other leave(s) which may include accommodation requests under the ADA.
- Responsible for new hires’ orientations on the benefits programs and ensuring their timely enrollment; oversees annual open enrollment period.
- Collaborates with fiscal and retirement plan vendors to ensure accurate enrollments, contributions, terminations, vesting and annual plan testing, auditing, and reporting.
- Programs, analyzes and enters benefits data into the HRIS system; Interfaces with HRIS vendor, I.T., and, payroll ensuring appropriate reports, uploads and deductions.
- Maintains agency compliance with ERISA, Worker’s Compensation, COBRA and medical leave laws; performing compliance reports, e.g., EEO-1, ACA, PCORI, 5500, and CalOSHA logs.
- Conducts research and analyzes data related to insurance and benefits legislation; Drafts and/or recommends revisions to company leave policies to ensure compliance.
- Administers and tracks all worker’s compensation claims providing support to DPO Generalists to collaborate or lead as needed on the interactive accommodations process.
- Interacts effectively with worker’s compensation broker representatives, vendor representatives, and claim adjusters in pursuit of monitoring and accurate reporting, and closure of worker’s compensation claims.
- In coordination with DPO staff members, prepares and provides ‘as needed’ training to program leadership on benefit programs, leave of absence, and worker’s compensation protocols/laws, procedures and changes.
- Supervises and oversee work of benefits staff promoting and exemplifying agency customer service values.
- Turning Point’s Mission, Vision and Core Values.
- Principles and goals of community mental health.
- Principles of state and federal benefits and leave law, and human resource operations.
- General accounting payables processing principals.
- Build and program an HRIS system regarding benefits, and confidently oversee HRIS system for data integrity.
- Proficiently use MS Office Suite, enter data, build and prepare custom reports and presentations.
- Work and communicate effectively with staff, families, community agencies, and professionals.
- Work efficiently in a busy office, under stress and with frequent interruptions by being organized, flexible, and self-disciplined.
- Organize time, workload, and materials.
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Exercise appropriate judgment and decision making.
- Work as a member and leader of a team across departments.
- Work with fiscal team to understand and properly allocate costs and to understand fiscal reporting.
- Get to multiple locations typically via car.
Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Compensation: $ 81,000 - 87,500 per year
Interested? Join us at our open interviews on Wednesdays from 2-4PM,
located at 10850 Gold Center Drive, Suite 325, Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW!