The Assistant Registrar, under the direction of the University Registrar, promotes the “students first” service concept and is responsible for operations and processes that support student’s timely degree completion. This position is responsible assisting with the day to day operation of the various campuses listed below.
Position Title: Assistant Registrar
Location: This position reports to the Circleville Main Campus, M-F
Months per year: 12
Hours per week: 40
Salary Range: Commensurate upon experience
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the AGS registrar email account
- Process add/drop for online campus
- Grade audit processing
- Student promotion
- Package and Mail Diplomas
- Answer inbound calls
- Assist with transcript evaluations and transfer credit entry
- Send transfer credit related questions to Deans
- Transcript upload into SIS
- Provide assistance on various statistical reports requested by various departments
- Assists with bulding sections for all campuses (Trail, Trad, Online, TCW, Lumerit)
- Primary back up for 1st semester registrations, online campus
- Additional duties as assigned
Reports to: University Registrar
Internal OCU Relationships: Students, Faculty, Advisors, Admissions, Academics
External Relationships: Alumni (transcript services), prospective students, Traditional and CCP students.
According to Ohio Christian University employment policy, all employees must possess a strong Christian commitment and adhere to the standards outlined in the OCU Community Lifestyle Statement.
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred
- College registration experience required
- Computer skills, data entry accuracy, multi-task skill, attention to details, customer-oriented
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
As a religious educational institution operating under the auspices of The Churches of Christ in Christian Union, Ohio Christian University is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (42 U.S.C., Sections 2000e-1 and 2000e-2).
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis, unless otherwise contractually bound.
Ohio Christian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer