Love animals? Want to make a positive impact on the planet? Come join Woodland Park Zoo as a Ticketing and Membership Associate. We have 35, temporary, non-benefitted positions open.
This position performs the daily functions of the zoo’s entry gates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following
- Perform day-to-day operations such as sell zoo membership and general admission, operate on-grounds carousel, handle the types of payments, operate cash registers or point of sale terminals, maintain a cash drawer, promote and sell zoo products and experiences, complete daily paperwork, give out pertinent information, answer visitor questions, and maintain an appropriate work area.
- Provide customer service information and assistance to the public and staff in person or on the phone including: general information, educational/interpretive programs, and special events.
- Interact daily with and assist visitors of all ages. Expedite visitor entry, establish queuing lines, and help with crowd control in a customer friendly manner.
- Ensure a safe environment for visitors, staff, and volunteers; monitor key areas and entrances and report safety concerns to supervisor in a timely manner.
- Set-up, organize, and arrange any necessary equipment or program items.
- Support zoo policies in a professional manner.
- Rectify visitor disputes, complaints, and issues or escalate to a Lead or Supervisor as needed, in a professional manner.
- Assist with other Admissions areas duties and special projects as directed.
- Function as a parking attendant as required during peak times.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and one (1) or more years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated good cash handling skills.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to handle upset and difficult clients and provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to work within diverse teams and environments, while treating everyone with respect.
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple tasks and requests and meet deadlines in a professional manner.
- Demonstrated reliability and punctuality.
- Excellent verbal, written, and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team within diverse teams and environments.
- Ability to communicate effectively and comfortably with audiences of different backgrounds and experiences.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to balance and prioritize multiple tasks and requests and meet deadlines in a professional manner.
- Ability to listen patiently and attentively, ability to express self clearly and effectively, and ability to adapt communication based on audience and purpose with inclusivity.
- Ability to employ best practices associated with position, with an approach to accuracy, while displaying an on-going commitment to learning and self-improvement.
- Basic computer skills with ability to submit online timesheets and utilize Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Excel, Outlook, and Teams.
- Ability to work a seasonal, non-standard/flexible schedule, which may include weekends, evenings, holidays, and during special events.
- This position may be required to lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions and/or a typical office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but may be higher based on the number of visitors at the entry areas or events occurring.
Pay: $20.00 per hour
Applicants must be at least 18 years old. A criminal background check will be required of the selected applicant.
- As of November 24, 2021, employees working on or accessing zoo grounds are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of vaccination by your first day of employment.
- People are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a two-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine.
- Employees may make requests for a reasonable accommodation based on a medical disability or for sincerely held religious beliefs. Philosophical, political, scientific, or sociological objections to vaccination will not be considered for an exemption or accommodation.
Application Directions: Applications are accepted online through our Jobs Page at zoo.org/jobs; no other forms of application will be accepted. A resume is required and a cover letter is optional but preferred.
Woodland Park Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in application and employment for any reason, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, disability or medical status including genetic information, and/or veteran’s status.
Woodland Park Zoo is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in all of its services. If you need accommodation in the application or interview process, please contact our recruiting team at firstname.lastname@example.org.