Enjoy working with one of the best views! Virginia’s largest vineyard is seeking a Vineyard Operator (Heavy Equipment Operator) to work on the Vineyard team in operate equipment used in the planting, maintenance, and harvesting of grapes.
Position Title: Vineyard Operator / Heavy Equipment Operator
Location: Trump Winery in Charlottesville, VA - 15 minutes south of Charlottesville city limits
Hours: Full Time - Spring/Summer 6am - 3:30pm, Fall - Harvest Schedule - 6: 30/7am-3/3:30pm, Winter 7am-3:30pm. Occasionally Saturdays will be needed.
Wage: $15.00 - $18.00 / hourly
See why we’ve been named “one of the best places to work in Charlottesville”. We offer:
- Employee medical premium paid 80%, dependents paid 40% with low and no deductible options
- 80% employer paid premium for dental and vision
- 26 days paid time off (vacation, sick, and holiday)
- 401k after one year with up to 6% company match
- Voluntary Life, AD&D, and Accident plans available
- Operates agricultural equipment including implements, tractors, sprayers, ATV, forklifts, etc.
- Must be mechanically inclined, to help troubleshoot and ensure the safe operation and maintenance of vineyard equipment.
- Perform basic preventative maintenance as needed on equipment and maintain service records.
- Keep track of PPE needs, i.e. gloves, dust masks, etc
- Additional duties may include various vineyard duties including but not limited to planting, pruning, canopy management, trellis installation and repair, and harvesting
- High School Graduate or G.E.D
- 3 or more years’ experience operating heavy equipment; farming and agricultural equipment preferred
- Forklift Certified, Pesticide and Work Place Safety Training Class
- Works on feet for eight hours a day. Ability to work long hours and/or seven days a week during critical times.
- Able to push, pull, carry, and lift up to 70 pounds. Frequently bends over, kneels, twists, reaches over head, climbs stairs, ladders, and walks varied surfaces (paved, incline, uneven, etc).
- Fluent in English (verbal and written) and Spanish preferred.
- Knowledge of computing skills (Word, Excel, Microsoft 365)
Trump Vineyard Estates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other categories protected by federal, state, and local law.
Trump Vineyard Estates, LLC participates in the E-Verify Program (Identity and Employment Eligibility Verification) and uses E-Verify to confirm work authorization. Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States.
Este Empleador participa en E-Verify (Verificación de Documentos de Identidad y Elegibilidad de Empleo).