Parsons Electric, an ArchKey Solutions Company, is one of North America's premier electrical and low voltage providers based in the Midwest. Since 1927, we have been tackling challenges head-on to help our customers reach new levels of success. Headquartered in Minneapolis, MN, Parsons Electric has offices across the Midwest including St. Paul, Coon Rapids, Plymouth, Rochester, Duluth and Fargo.
When you work with an ArchKey Solutions platform company, the future is yours to create. With an average employee tenure over nine years, we are committed to developing your talents and finding the best place for you to succeed within our organization.
The culture at Parsons Electric is built around empowerment and our shared core values - Problem Solvers, Responsive to Customers, Optimize Teamwork, Uncompromising Integrity, and Do What You Say - and embodies the attitudes we use to create an inclusive work environment. Our inclusive workplaces extend beyond the traditional to also celebrate diverse ways of thinking. As problem solvers, we believe there's always room for growth and evolution and that what makes us different provides unique perspectives that can also make us better.
No matter where your journey with Parsons Electric begins, we look forward to seeing what impact you can make on us to improve, reshape and enhance our culture.
Join a team that's breaking ground both in the office and in the field.
Responsible for supporting all preconstruction activities on large volume commercial construction projects, including developing preliminary budgets, value engineering, preconstruction schedules, procurement plans, prequalification of subcontractors, detailed take-off and estimating. This position partners with Preconstruction Manager to bid package scopes, lead subcontractor/supplier bidding process, evaluation of bids, problem resolution, presentation of detailed estimates of the work, job communication and client satisfaction activities, in alignment with all Company policies, procedures, key objectives and regulations.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assists in the creation of opportunities to build long-term relationships with general contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, owners and engineers through networking and marketing. Solicits, qualifies and analyzes pricing from subcontractors and material vendors. Recruits subcontractor participation and coordinates the buyout process.
- Reviews details to ensure accuracy of the estimate. Reviews drawings, specifications and all other construction documents and makes sure others involved in the project are aware of construction-related problems, completeness of information and potential risks involved in general conditions and supplementary conditions.
- Participates in the preparation of budgets, estimates and bid proposals, real-time cost analysis and recommendations to meet or exceed the project's overall budget, schedule and customer expectations. Ensures all estimates and RFPs are fulfilled to the customer or the Company's conditions for satisfaction. Communicates how the Company can bring a value-added approach to their project(s).
- Participates in the preparation of construction schedules for estimating purposes. Maintains current estimating records, studies, unit prices, budget estimates, etc. Supports architects and engineers with design responsibilities. Supports project manager(s) with evaluation of subcontractor proposals. Assists in the interview procurement process.
- Responsible for input to the preparation of preliminary, schematic, design development, construction estimates and studies during preconstruction and monitoring of design development cost trends in order to detect over-runs and potential problem areas. Assists in directing the value engineering process.
- Builds effective relationships with customers, contractors, specialty contractors, and suppliers that reflect and support the Company's core values and meet or exceed the customer's expectations.
- Aids in the creation and management of annual budget and financials. Stays informed of new and changing Company procedures, policies, materials, technologies, techniques and practices. Maintains policies and processes.
- Utilizes LEAN concepts or other continuous improvement methodologies to ensure the most efficient operations, processes, and activities.
- Promotes and models the Company mission, vision and values through exercising sound and ethical business practices, championing all elements of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) and providing high quality services and programs as they relate to clients, subcontractors, co-workers, suppliers and the public.
Required Education, Experience and Skills
- Associate degree or equivalent work experience in engineering, construction management, building construction or a related field. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years of electrical construction experience in estimating, common code requirements, and design/build estimating and preconstruction with a concentration in large commercial construction projects.
- Understanding of the project life cycle.
- Experience with computerized estimating systems and software. Strong conceptual estimating skills.
- Working knowledge of building construction, materials, systems, market conditions, trade practices, and electrical code. Skills to read, interpret and understand electrical contracts, plans, drawings, blueprints and specifications, and financial documents.
- Conceptual ability to work with a minimum amount of information and quickly develop an understanding of the owner/architect requirements.
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with customers, subcontractors, and vendors.
- Strong collaboration, teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Strong process orientation.
ArchKey Solutions LLC is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer: M/W/Vets/Disabilities.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is an important aspect of our culture.
Every person is welcomed Every person is included Every person is valued