We are looking for a construction Assistant Superintendent to help plan and supervise a wide range of construction projects from start to finish. You will work with the Head Superintendent to organize and oversee construction projects ensuring that each one is done on time and in compliance with the budget.
This position requires an individual with a solid base understanding of construction procedures and techniques who is capable of learning quickly. The ideal candidate will have both an analytical mind and excellent organization skills.
As an assistant superintendent, you will assist the head Superintendent in planning all construction operations and schedules to ensure that all deadlines are met. You will also be accountable for helping to ensure adherence to all health and safety standards and reporting any complications relevant to them. You must interact with owners, engineers, architects, government officials and the general public in a professional manner and be able to collaborate progressively with other representatives. While you are an assistant, you will be trained and exposed to the experience needed to become a well-qualified construction superintendent. The assistant superintendent will be expected to help maintain a safe, clean, and organized job site at all times. Your duties will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Collaborate with the head superintendent and project managers to develop, maintain, and execute project plans.
- Assist in supervising and coordinating all field activities.
- Learn and develop a complete understanding of all contract drawings, specifications, contracts, and other informant vital to the project.
- Learn building codes and OSHA standards.
- Learn to inspect and oversee subcontractors and make sure they are complying to safety regulations and completing their contractual agreements.
- Ensure that safety and record keeping requirements are met.
- Maintain knowledge of projects and obtain necessary information from engineers, designers, inspectors, authorities, and owners.
- Assist in job site setup and start up, including safety postings and procedures, security, field office location and layout, utilities, equipment, and manpower.
- Help maintain a computerized project schedule, working alongside the project manager and the head superintendent to confirm they are properly updated to ensure deadlines are met and any delays are accounted for.