Suja Juice's mission is to get the best quality organic and Non-GMO juice into as many hands as possible. Through the large-scale use of organic, Non-GMO fruits and vegetables, and implementation of a breakthrough displacement technology called High Pressure Processing (HPP), Suja Juice has become the nation's leading organic and cold-pressured juice brand.
The Assistant Quality Manager is responsible for implementing and validating the policies and procedures that ensure the company complies with all federal, state, and company mandated regulations with regards to the manufacturing process and finished product in the manufacturing plant.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the initial, ongoing, and refresher trainings of employee awareness of his / her responsibilities as it pertains to quality and food safety. Annual training topics include HACCP, allergen control, foreign material control, chemical control, good manufacturing practices (GMP), food security, sanitation (SSOP), and commitment to quality.
- Verify that ingredients and packaging supplies are purchased only from approved suppliers who have met the company required standards.
- Verify that all new plant equipment and utensils are designed and made of such material and workmanship as to be adequately cleanable and properly maintained.
- Conduct product mock recalls, crisis management, document control, continuous improvement, and food security programs.
- Supervise Quality floor staff.
- Monitor FDA, GMP, USDA, and SQF compliance throughout company
- Review and participate in the approval of all finished product labels, all packaging for finish products and nutritional information.
- Maintain, verify, and review the HACCP program including all documentation of CCP’s, Lot numbers, product inspections, facility cleaning, cooler temperatures, weights, etc.
- Supervise the product and environmental microbiological testing program.
- Must conduct and present in meetings and send monthly SQF updates
- Assists in employee hiring, training verifications, proficiencies and evaluations
- Access and release product on hold as needed.
- Must be able to cover all jobs under the QA Department and help cover the plant as needed.
- High School Diploma required
- B.S. Food Science, Microbiology or equivalent preferred
- 3-5 years previous food industry experience (preferred)
- 2+ years supervisory experience (preferred)
- SQF Practitioner (required – but can be obtained on the job)
- HACCP Certified (required – but can be obtained on the job)
- PCQI Certified (required – but can be obtained on the job)
- Advanced computer skills and strong written and oral communication skills required
- Be able to work in a chilled work space with temperatures around 35 degrees F
A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered. We offer the following:
Paid vacation and sick days
Suja offers a fun working environment that promotes teamwork, creativity, and supports individual growth. If you are interested in applying, please submit your resume.
Suja Life, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer