|A pioneering not-for-profit affordable housing developer and community programs initiator in New York City, Settlement Housing Fund, Inc. has worked since 1969 to create more than 8,700 apartments through 64 affordable rental and homeownership development projects. Settlement Housing Fund presently owns and maintains 36 buildings containing 1,979 apartments in various locations, with concentrations of housing and programs in the Mt. Eden section of the Bronx, Crown Heights, Brooklyn, the Two Bridges neighborhood on the Lower East Side, as well as at other sites throughout Manhattan. We expect that our portfolio will continue to grow. Settlement Housing Fund is equally committed to bringing amenities, programs and services to communities we serve through the development and operation of affordable housing. Settlement Housing Fund is the parent organization of The Crenulated Company, LTD dba New Settlement which was created in 1989 with the acquisition of 14 abandoned buildings from the City of New York. New Settlement has evolved into a robust social service organization offering a range of community-based services in education, college access, youth development, arts, workforce development, community organizing, wellness and other key services that provide important resources to the neighborhood's youth and families. New Settlement's success has been achieved through close collaboration with a wide range of educational institutions, housing and community development organizations, businesses, youth development and social service agencies - in the neighborhood, Bronx-wide, across New York and nationally. The programs at New Settlement are supported by local, state and federal government agencies, as well as foundations, corporations, organizations and individuals.
JOB SUMMARY: The Program Manager will provide programmatic management oversight of YouthBuild program; oversees counseling and case management, vocational training, educational activities, leadership development and civic engagement components. Manages required partnerships and seeks additional leveraged resources. Ensures full success of YouthBuild participants and program outcomes.
Job Duties include but not limited to:
- Manages the various program components including, but not limited to, education, vocational training, counseling and case management, placement, leadership development, and civic engagement.
- Supervising daily activities to ensure effective and efficient services are provided to YouthBuild participants.
- Ensures that screening and recruitment promotes the YouthBuild program model in and around the Bronx.
- Ensures compliance and performance matters as related to WIOA Youth and Department of Labor standards and regulations.
- Provides management oversight to ensure updated data in DOL YouthBuild Management Information System is maintained to full compliance
- Establishes and maintains necessary and required partnerships to ensure requirements of program are fully met.
- Manages the implementation of career pathways/partnerships by establishing and maintaining positive relationships with essential education entities, non-profit agencies, faith-based agencies, private-sector businesses, etc.
- Presents to and speaks with various organizations about the Youthbuild program and follows up when necessary.
- Assists with marketing Youth employment and training program to potential employers; develops and facilitates YouthBuild presentations.
- Conducts workshops to businesses and community organizations interested in providing work experiences, internships, job shadowing activities, mentors, etc.
- Ensures DOL YouthBuild performance measures are exceeded and evaluates performance outcomes annually
- Prepares and presents timely updates, reports and other necessary communications to the Program Director.
- Serves as a YouthBuild program representative in all capacities to outside entities, such as colleges, training institutions, businesses, and other interested parties.
- Plans, administers and prepares a variety of narrative and statistical reports.
- Manage confidential information.
- Regular and consistent attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Management Experience: 2-3 years (Preferred)
- 2-3 years of experience working with young adults in a non-mandated program in a community-based setting.
- A background in counseling, job development, crisis intervention experience working with young adults who have experienced trauma, or related field; in development services, and/or a workforce program is preferred, but not necessary.
- Requires a willingness and desire to teach young people job skills and decision-making processes; requires the willingness to learn from young adults and the ability to work collaboratively as a team
- High energy and motivation to help young people succeed
- Bilingual skills (Spanish-English) are a plus.
- Candidates must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 to be considered for employment. Proof of vaccination is required upon hiring. Applicants may seek medical or religious exemption from this requirement in accordance with applicable law.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- The ability to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear.
- The ability to frequently sit and reach with hands and arms.
- The ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Working Conditions: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must be able to utilize office equipment such as desktop/notebook computers, copiers, printers, scanners, telephones, and calculators.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Employment is at will and employees will undergo 45- and 90-day check-ins during their 90-day probationary period.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. The employee will be required to follow other instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor. This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.
New Settlement is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This job description indicates in general the nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities and other essential functions expected of an employee. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of you as an employee. You may be asked to perform other duties as required.
$60,000.00 - $70,000.00 per year