· Responsible for establishing contact with all families and involving them in parent group activities.
· Responsible for helping maintain 85% Average Daily Attendance. Maintain proper documentation of absences for EHS and HS programs and necessary follow-up. Submit documentation to Family Services Coordinator weekly. Discuss absences with families and Family Services Coordinators. Provide feedback to appropriate staff.
· Establish a trusting relationship with families by initiating and maintaining regular family contact.
· Prepare and submit reports as needed.
· Report concerns about suspected child abuse to Family Services Coordinator following procedures set by DCFS and Two Rivers head Start Agency Policy.
· Maintain tracking sheets and submit to Family Services Coordinator weekly.
· Compile and submit center In-Kind to Administrative/Fiscal Assistant.
· Maintain confidential family records. Keep current all addresses and phone number including emergency numbers.
· Develop a Family Service Plan (FSP) and/or Family Partnership Agreement (FPA), which respect family differences and which build on family strengths.
· Work collaboratively to recruit males for Family Involvement Program.
· Work closely with staff to identify gaps in service delivery.
· Make home visits as appropriate to support families.
· Assist in recruiting and securing appropriate linkages/community partnerships to assist families in meeting their needs.
· Monitor placements with referrals to provide crisis intervention, substance abuse prevention and/or referrals for counseling addiction, seminars parents have requested on special topics.
· Attend weekly staff meetings.
· Assist in translation, if applicable.
· Provide evaluation and assessment to children and families, including the family needs assessment and the Denver II or ASQ Developmental Screening and Depression Screening when necessary.
· Plan and develop Family/Child Activities with Site/Center Supervisor, in collaboration with Family Education Coordinator.
· Facilitate classroom committee activities and work with Site/Center Supervisor to develop strategies for classroom volunteers.
· Plan for and participate in parent meetings; twice monthly meetings addressing content areas and parent interests/needs.
· Assist all content area in providing training and technical assistance to parents.
· Responsible for maintaining children’s folders in regards to follow-up and updates as requested by coordinators.
· Responsible for identifying, referring, and maintaining support for all families involved in Adult Education, as per Family Literacy Plan.
· Responsible for all recruitment, referral and liaison for Continuing Education, GED, ESL and Family Literacy.
· Attend and coordinate transportation of parents to Policy Council Meetings. Maintain Policy Council, Parent Store Committee attendance at each center.
· Act as advisor to Policy Council members to help maintain accurate records of Center Parent Funds. Assist the parents in developing income/expense activity plan for parent funds. Coordinate staff interviews for Policy Council with parents.
· Responsible for family awareness of all policies and procedures maintained by Two Rivers Head Start Agency.
· Keep accurate records on CSBG clients and services provided, as applicable.
· Solicit In-Kind donations.
· Participate in staff conferences and training sessions.
· Participate in staffings, if requested.
· Assist in center maintenance, as requested.
· Assist with year-round registration and recruitment of eligible children.
· Familiarize self with and utilize Head Start Performance Standards, DCFS Licensing Standards, and Two Rivers Head Start Agency Policies and Procedures.
· Attend work regularly.
· Work cooperatively with and be respectful of all staff, clients and families.
· Carry out all duties in a professional manner.
· Perform related duties as assigned.