|For over 30 years, Carver Companies fundamental belief has been to provide unparalleled service all while maintaining our values of honesty and integrity both on Land & Sea.
With locations up and down the east coast, including the Capital District of Upstate NY, Brayton Point in Mass, North Charleston Carver Maritime, Port Manatee in Florida, and our latest addition - Carver Canada in New Brunswick.
Our core competencies consist of General & Marine Construction, Sand and Gravel Mining, Property Maintenance, Port, Stevedoring, Terminal & Warehouse Management Maritime & Logistics, and Tug and Barge Marine Towing.
We strive to inspire our diverse, well-rounded work force and management team to always perform at the highest levels of safety and professionalism. We deliver service by maintaining a reputation where our unquestionable VALUES of honesty and integrity drive our actions on and off the job.
What we have to offer you:
• Medical Insurance (great plan choices with reasonable premiums!)
• Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
• 401k Retirement Savings Plan with up to an 8% MATCH!!
• Group Life Insurance Plan
• Short & Long Term Disability Plans
• Employee Investment Opportunity with Carver Group Ventures
• Career Development Opportunities
• Casual Dress Code
• Voluntary Dental, Vision, Life and AFLAC plans also available!
Carver Companies in Charleston, SC is looking to hire Heavy Equipment Operators to join its dynamic team!
Work for Carver Companies and you will receive competitive pay ($22-$26/ hr), quarterly performance bonuses, and a comprehensive benefits package!
Responsible for the safe operation of assigned equipment (Track hoe, front-end loader, bobcat, etc) in areas such as ship/ barge holds, deck, and dock areas while navigating around other equipment and personnel.
- Accomplishes work by operating equipment, observing varying conditions, adjusting equipment controls.
- Prepares equipment by conducting pre-shift inspections
- Ability to safely operate assigned equipment
- Ability to operate heavy equipment within a confined space
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures, complying with company policies and legal regulations.
- Be physically fit to perform all essential physical demands of this job safely
- Demonstrated safe work practices, history, and leadership ability
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- 1 year experience in a similar position in an industrial setting (preferred)
- Thorough knowledge of rig operation and maintenance program.
- Working Experience in stevedoring
- Proficiency in equipment operations
- Flexible schedule: rotating shifts, days, nights, weekends, and holidays as required
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver's license
- Ability to qualify for TWIC card
- Ability to pass pre-employment screening to include, drug screen, physical and background check
The incumbent will work in all weather conditions ranging from warm/hot-cool/cold as well as occasional rain. Will work at different elevations, noise levels will be moderate-high. Job site will contain light to heavy equipment vehicles, small to large equipment, materials, communication equipment, and tools. Rotational shift work required. Twelve or more hours per day spent in work environment.
The physical nature of the work will vary from day to day based on operational needs; however the job will require the incumbent to be able to perform: climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, typing, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motion. Incumbent will also be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including, but not limited to: Hard Hat, eyewear, safety vests, gloves, masks/ respirators (when necessary) and steel-toe boots.
Very Heavy Work: Exerting in excess of 100 lbs. of force occasionally, and/ or in excess of 50 lbs. frequently, and/ or in excess of 20 lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
What We Have to Offer You:
- Projected annual salary of $70,000.00
- Medical Insurance
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with up to an 8% MATCH!!
- Company Paid Group Life Insurance Plan
- Company Paid Long Term Disability Plans
- Employee Investment Opportunity with Carver Group Ventures
- Career Development Opportunities
- Casual Dress Code
- Voluntary Dental, Vision, Life and AFLAC plans also available!
- *Hourly wage varies based on experience and qualifications