General Statement of Duties
The main function of the Derrick hand is to assist the Driller by maintaining all equipment related to the circulating system, as well as guiding the pipe while positioned in the derrick.
Summary of Duties
· Learn and adhere to all Company and Government safety requirements pertaining to the worksite
· Watch and maintain proper drilling fluid characteristics, the rate of fluid circulation, mud handling equipment and preventative maintenance programs.
· Work about the drilling floor, on the monkey board, guiding the drill pipe during the tripping in/ tripping out process, ensuring to wear proper safety equipment.
· Select and assign new crew members to tasks related to the circulation system
· Responsible for rig ups and preparing circulating equipment prior to drilling
· Responsible for head ups and pressure tests of casing/cement, tripping of pipe, proper fluid drainage at shut downs and rig outs to prevent freezing
· Other duties as assigned by Driller
· IRP#16 (Done in house)
· First Aid
· Rig Tech
· Gas Monitoring
· Fall Protection
· Rig Rescue
· Confined Space
· Loader Training
· Fire Extinguisher
Salary is 34.00/h as per CAODC, plus living allowance if the individual employee works 80km from his/her principle residence.