This role requires the candidate to be a current college student in an IT or Business-related major that would like to gain IT experience while working within our IT Web development and database team. Interns will be mentored and trained to translate our business needs into client-friendly functions that will expand our website’s influence in our industry. The goal of this role is to develop your understanding and ability to support our ticket handling process, while contributing to the overall success of IT team projects and tasks as assigned.
· Ability to learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques
· Basic knowledge of Microsoft Azure platform
· Basic knowledge of .NET , C#, WCF/WEB API services, MSSQL, .Net Core and ASP.NET
· Manages day to day Service Desk ticket volume while following our ticket handling process.
· Read, understand, and learn from technical manuals, knowledgebase, books, and other resources.
· Learn to quickly triage, escalate, and/or resolve IT related incidents.
· Participate in service review and /or QA of individual and team deliverables.
· Ensures high quality craftsmanship of all tasks while meeting deadlines.
· Ensures departmental policies and procedures are followed.
· Maintains cooperative working relationships with customers, employees, and vendors.
· Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
· Perform other assigned duties as needed by the business.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
· Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
· Strong problem-solving skills.
· Ability to prioritize tasks.
· Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
· Proficient with computers and other office equipment like copiers and scanners.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
· Communication – Must be able to listen to others, process information, and communicate effectively.
· Adaptability – Ability to adjust to circumstances and think creatively.
· Task Management – Ability to work efficiently and competently.
· Detail Oriented – Achieves accuracy when accomplishing a task.
Education and Experience:
· High school diploma required; associate degree accepted.
· Current IT or Business-related major working towards an advanced degree
· Valid driver's license required.
· Exchange and / or Microsoft 365 experience a plus
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
· Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
· Must be able to lift to 50 pounds at times.