|As a research and action organization, Center for Policing Equity (CPE) produces analyses identifying and reducing the causes of racial disparities in public safety. Using data-driven approaches to social justice, we use science to create levers for social, cultural, and policy change.
We are research scientists, race and equity experts, data virtuosos, and community trainers. We use data to build a more fair and just system. We partner with law enforcement and communities. Our aim is to bridge the divide of communication, generational mistrust, and suffering. But most of all, we are the path that science can forge towards public safety, community trust, and racial equity.
The Center for Policing Equity (CPE) is looking for a skilled Implementation Specialist with a passion for social justice issues. The Implementation Specialist will serve as the primary point of contact with law enforcement agencies (LEAs) or civilian agencies and facilitate the submission of LEA data to the National Justice Database and receipt of Justice Navigator Assessment analysis results.
The National Justice Database is the world's largest collection of police behavioral data and was established in 2014 with the purpose of collecting, standardizing, and analyzing police data. The Justice Navigator Assessment (JNA) is an interactive digital platform that provides LEAs, members of the public, and other key stakeholders with direct access to police data, as well as strategies for combating observed racial inequities.
In this role, the Implementation Specialist will guide law enforcement leadership in understanding findings from JNAs and implementing recommendations from CPE's data-driven interventions. The Implementation Specialist will leverage data to inform strategies to reduce racial disparities while also addressing concerns from both LEAs and the communities they serve. Additionally, the individual will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day aspects of the client relationship, achievement of service levels, as well as execution on key activities.
The Implementation Specialist must also collaborate productively with other CPE teams, helping them to obtain the necessary information to execute their responsibilities effectively.
- Guide CPE LEA partners in understanding their data-driven intervention results
- Provide implementation recommendations, strategy, and change management practices based on JNA results
- Support the LEA during the JNA roll-out process, including communication support, strategy for engaging with the community, and how to socialize with other stakeholders (e.g., government officials)
- Oversee intake and orientation of new LEAs, including management of the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) process
- Support other CPE verticals during the JNA roll-out process by providing input on the climate, resistance, and socialization of the report
- Monitor execution activities to ensure engagements are progressing as planned
- Nurture and develop external relationships with LEA partners
- Act on evaluation data, feedback, and suggestions relating to the implementation of assigned projects; iterate on the service delivery model with CPE colleagues
- Bachelors required; advanced degree preferred
- 3-5 years of experience working in service delivery, implementing services and interventions within complex organizations, ideally within police departments
- Demonstrated legitimacy with vulnerable communities and police department staff
- Experience translating data findings into actionable strategy
- Experience managing cross-functional teams and complex projects through soft influence techniques
- Experience with customer relationship management systems, task management software, and G-Suite is preferred
- Fluency in current issues in policing and social justice reform
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized and systematic, with superb attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and complete tasks with a high degree of accuracy
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to manage client satisfaction throughout the engagement
- Ability to use critical thinking to navigate and analytically solve complex problems
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships; up, down, and across
- Ability to travel 30-40% of the time for training, conferences, and meetings with LEAs
Application Submission Guidelines
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. To apply, please submit the following materials: