Are you a Direct Support Professional who is passionate about people? Are you looking for a job where you’ll enjoy excellent benefits and the chance to make a difference in your community? Then join the I Am Boundless, Inc. team!
We are a fast-growing nonprofit organization committed to building a world that realizes the boundless potential of all people. For more than forty years, we’ve provided people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and behavioral health challenges the support and services to thrive. Our person-centered approach to care celebrates people for who they are and empowers them to become active participants in the communities where they live, work, and play.
Will you join us? Apply today!
Working for Boundless has many perks. We treat our team like family and offer advantages that allow you to focus, thrive, and grow. Why Boundless?
- Excellent benefits including no-cost dental, vision, and life insurance.
- A Boundless sponsored $150 deposited into your flexible spending plan
- 80 hours of paid time off
- Student loan forgiveness through the Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Scholarships geared towards professional development and continued education
- Career growth opportunities
Pay Range: $16.80 to $17.75 an hour. Based on your education, experience, and credentials.
- Various shifts are available - at various locations throughout the Columbus area!
Hours will be discussed during the phone interview.
What You Will Be Doing
As a DSP, you will serve as a friend, mentor, and support-person to individuals with developmental disabilities. You will provide individualized direct care, lead socialization activities, help develop daily living skills, and assist with daily living needs.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to communicate in English, including both spoken and written
- Ability to obtain and maintain First Aid, CPR - adult, child, and infant; delegated nursing.(training will be provided, if not already certified).
- Valid Ohio Driver’s License with Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles--no more than five points on your driving record
- Proof of auto insurance.
- One-year experience working with intellectually/developmentally disabled individuals.
Special Skills and Requirements:
- Must be detail oriented and have competent literacy and writing, documentation, communications and interpersonal abilities.
- Must be able to use tools and equipment as required – including pushing/pulling wheelchairs, lifting consumers with Hoyer lifts
All candidates who have received an offer of employment will be required to undergo a pre-employment background check, drug screen, and health screen as applicable for the role.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.