Walters Recycling & Refuse is currently hiring for Mechanics I.
***Starting pay $30.00 / hour! ***
***Stay On Bonus available up to $10,000***
***Offering Quarterly Bonuses up to $525***
Now Hiring for 2nd Shift.
2nd Shift - $2.00 an hour Shift Differential.
Walters Recycling and Refuse, Inc. is a leading provider of waste collection and recycling services to both the public and private sectors in the Twin Cities metropolitan area. We are a family-owned and operated business started in 1988 with a fleet of over 100 diesel and compressed natural gas (CNG) powered trucks and equipment and provide over 100,000 services per week.
About the role:
As a Mechanic I you will be responsible for servicing and maintaining our fleet of diesel and compressed natural gas (CNG) waste collections vehicles and equipment while providing outstanding service to our customers, both internal and external.
- Keep work area clean and safe, and adhere to all safety policies at all times.
- Perform preventive, corrective, and emergency maintenance as needed on our entire fleet of vehicles and other equipment
- Inspect, diagnose, and repair diesel and CNG powered trucks, as well as other equipment within our fleet.
- Meet or exceed mechanic productivity goals as well as schedule compliance goals
- Perform test drives and service calls for emergency breakdowns as needed.
- Ability to learn and operate fleet maintenance software and diagnostic equipment.
- Chassis component repair and maintenance on a variety of chassis throughout the fleet
- Inspect, diagnose, and repair Refuse bodies, including controls, hydraulic and electrical systems
- Air and hydraulic braking systems diagnosis and repairs
- Engine repair and maintenance
- Inspect, diagnose, and repair suspension, drivetrain and steering systems, heating, and air conditioning systems
- Use vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs
- Perform all work within the Estimated Repair Times (ERT)
- Minor welding as necessary
- Troubleshoot issues using a variety of electronic tools
- Complete applicable Company training programs
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
2-year degree and 2+ years of heavy duty truck repair experience, or 5+ years of experience including but not limited to:
- Air Brake systems
- Engine diagnostics and repairs
- Troubleshooting electrical issues
- Hydraulic systems
- General repairs
- Familiarity with computer diagnostic equipment and procedures
- Ability to visually diagnose mechanical issues.
- Ability to read service and repair manuals.
- Ability to read work orders.
- Familiarity with a CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management Software)
- Must have or have the ability to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License within 6 months of hire
- A/C Section 609 Certified
- Bendix brake training
- Hydraulic Systems training and certification
- NGVI - Compressed Natural Gas Vehicle – NGV Essentials and Safety Practices
- ACX Training program
- Lifting to 50 lbs. Motor coordination with finger dexterity, exposure to chemicals, and physical environment with dirt, odors, noise, and weather extremes.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen, DOT health evaluation (if have current CDL), and physical assessment
Walters offers competitive benefits packages including:
- Competitive wages - Based on Experience
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- EAP-Employee Assistance Program
- HSA Employer Contributions
- Company Paid: Life Insurance and Short Term Disability
- Company Paid Parental Leave
- Voluntary Benefits; Additional Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Critical Illness, and Accidental
- Legalshield/ID Shield
- 401K with Employer Match
- Personal Time Off
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Free Trash pick up within our Service area
- Competitive tool reimbursement program
- Paid company uniforms
- Annual work boot allowance
- All PPE provided
Walters Recycling and Refuse Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We make all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.