Walters Recycling & Refuse is currently hiring for Preventative Maintenance Technicians!
*** Starting pay $25.00 an hour! ***
***Stay On Bonus available up to $10,000***
***Offering Quarterly Bonuses up to $525***
Now Hiring for 2nd Shift / $2.00 an hour Shift Differential.
Walters Recycling and Refuse, Inc. is a leading provider of waste collection and recycling services to both the public and private sectors in the Twin Cities metropolitan area. We are a family-owned and operated business started in 1988 with a fleet of over 100 diesel and compressed natural gas (CNG) powered trucks and equipment and provide over 100,000 services per week.
About the role:
As a Preventive Maintenance Technician you will be responsible for servicing and maintaining our fleet of diesel and compressed natural gas (CNG) waste collections vehicles and equipment while providing outstanding service to our customers, both internal and external.
- Keep work area clean and safe, and adhere to all safety policies at all times.
- Perform preventive maintenance on our entire fleet of vehicles and other equipment, as well as minor corrective maintenance.
- Inspect diesel and CNG powered trucks, as well as other equipment within our fleet.
- Meet or exceed mechanic productivity goals as well as schedule compliance goals
- Perform all work within the Estimated Repair Times (ERT)
- Complete applicable Company training programs
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Currently enrolled in a diesel program, or 2 years of experience in an Automotive field
- Familiarity with larger vehicles
- Mechanical aptitude
- Desire to be a diesel mechanic
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Lifting to 50 lbs. Motor coordination with finger dexterity, exposure to chemicals, and physical environment with dirt, odors, noise, and weather extremes.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen, DOT health evaluation (if have current CDL), and physical assessment
Walters offers competitive benefits packages including:
- Competitive wages - Based on Experience
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- EAP-Employee Assistance Program
- HSA Employer Contributions
- Company Paid: Life Insurance and Short Term Disability
- Company Paid Parental Leave
- Voluntary Benefits; Additional Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Critical Illness, and Accidental
- Legalshield/ID Shield
- 401K with Employer Match
- Personal Time Off
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Free Trash pick up within our Service area
- Competitive Tool reimbursement program
- Paid company uniforms
- Annual work boot allowance
- All PPE provided
- Training investment in our technicians and mechanics. We will work with you to develop a training and development plan to continue your educational experience as a member of our team.
Walters Recycling and Refuse Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We make all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.