Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, build, and handle wooden crates, shipping containers, and other packaging as needed.
- Make recommendations to Engineering on how to improve product design to better meet shipment concerns and handling.
- Assist in the design and implementation of best practices and processes for shipping operations.
- Work with team leaders to schedule and anticipate the shipping needs for production.
- Assist with Shipping & Receiving and basic inspection duties as needed:
- Prepare shipments according to shipping requirements. Assemble and check orders, pack and crate, label.
- Complete and maintain required paperwork and inventory transactions, if needed.
- Check and receive incoming deliveries against purchase orders and distribute to recipient or inventory location.
- Assist loading and unloading trucks as needed.
- Using Shipping Checklists or other documentation, ensure Customer orders are shipped complete and components are securely placed in packaging material.
- Communicate with supervisors, leads and other operations personnel about depleting inventory, materials, and discrepancies.
- Operate a forklift, hand truck, and crane.
- Work effectively as a team member contributing to a positive workplace. Demonstrate company values.
- Proficient woodworking experience (carpentry, building of crates and shipping containers).
- Ability to safely work with saws, hand tools, and blueprints.
- Advanced understanding of proper bracing, immobilizing, supporting, and fixturing of heavy components that need to withstand transportation via truck, air and ship.
- Experience with other packaging materials to secure product in boxes.
- Ability to document and record shipments (written and photographed).
- Knowledge of standard mechanical parts.
- Knowledge of shipping and receiving documentation.
- Good math skills.
- Basic Technology skills (barcode scanning, document control).
- Ability to work with routine standard procedures, but adjusting when requested.
- Self- starter with good focus and responsive to multiple coworker requests. Exceptionally well organized with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to operate lifts, cranes and hoists.
- Valid state driver’s license and clean driving record.
Education and/or Experience
High School graduate or equivalent plus 1 year experience with inventory or a warehouse ideally in a manufacturing environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
The employee may be required to drive on occasion and must have a valid driver’s license and be covered under the company’s insurance policy.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will primarily work in a manufacturing environment. This could include tasks near moving mechanical parts, assembly and testing of equipment, fumes or airborne particles, and situations that are stationary at a desk in front of a computer. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee will be required to wear proper PPE including but not limited to safety glasses and steel-toed boots or equivalent.