Are you a Community Crisis QBHS who is passionate about people? Are you looking for a job where you’ll enjoy excellent benefits and the chance to make a difference in your community? Then join the I Am Boundless, Inc. team!
We are a fast-growing nonprofit organization committed to building a world that realizes the boundless potential of all people. Our person-centered approach to care celebrates people for who they are and empowers them to become active participants in the communities where they live, work, and play.
Will you join us? Apply today!
Working for Boundless has many perks. We treat our team like family and offer advantages that allow you to focus, thrive, and grow. Why Boundless?
- Excellent benefits including no-cost dental, vision, and life insurance.
- A Boundless sponsored $150 deposited into your flexible spending plan
- 80 hours of paid time off
- Student loan forgiveness through the Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Scholarships geared towards professional development and continued education
- Career growth opportunities
Schedule: Various schedules available - will be discussed further in interview
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Services will primarily be provided in the community, but may also be provided in the individual’s home, facility, or office.
- The Community Crisis QBHS expresses understanding, support, and respect for the many paths that an individual may wish to pursue. Services may be provided in-person or via telehealth based on individual treatment needs.
- The Community Crisis QBHS must commit to the confidentiality of communication between peer and associated staff within the program. The confidential nature of this relationship does not extend to areas covered by mandated reporting.
- The Community Crisis QBHS will motivate clients and serve as a role model, mentor, and advocate.
- The Community Crisis QBHS will assist individuals in identifying their personal interests, goals, strengths, and areas of need.
- Support will be given to individuals with building and sustaining their connections to the community.
- The Community Crisis QBHS performs a wide range of tasks to assist individuals of all ages and diverse cultural backgrounds in regaining independence within the community.
- Ongoing peer mentorship will be provided by the Community Crisis QBHS to teach individuals about healthy social interaction, overcoming fears, problem-solving, and increasing overall personal wellness.
- The Community Crisis QBHS will actively participate in conflict resolution and problem-solving with individuals as needed.
- The Community Crisis QBHS will advocate on a case, policy, and program level.
- The Community Crisis QBHS will meet monthly requirements for billable hours as established by the department, including completion of mandatory documentation within timelines established by applicable regulations and policies.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma (or GED) with 3 years of experience in a related field or a bachelor’s or master’s degree.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Actively engaging in education in Social Work, Psychology, Education, or related field at the collegiate level.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must be able to function independently and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents, staff, and support agencies.
- Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, emotionally upset, and at times hostile clients/family members.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Ability to obtain and maintain First Aid, CPR - adult, child, and infant; delegated nursing. (Training will be provided, if not already certified)
- Valid Ohio Driver's License with Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles; proof of auto insurance; insurable driving record (five points or fewer).
- Current High Fidelity Wrap-Around and CANS Assessor training or the ability to complete such within 90 days of hire.
- Training in cultural competency or the ability to complete such within 90 days of hire.
All candidates who have received an offer of employment will be required to undergo a pre-employment background check, drug screen, and health screen as applicable for the role.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.