Are you a Peer Support Specialist who is passionate about people? Are you looking for a job where you’ll enjoy excellent benefits and the chance to make a difference in your community? Then join the I Am Boundless, Inc. team!
We are a fast-growing nonprofit organization committed to building a world that realizes the boundless potential of all people. Our person-centered approach to care celebrates people for who they are and empowers them to become active participants in the communities where they live, work, and play.
Will you join us? Apply today!
Working for Boundless has many perks. We treat our team like family and offer advantages that allow you to focus, thrive, and grow. Why Boundless?
- Excellent benefits including no-cost dental, vision, and life insurance.
- A Boundless sponsored $150 deposited into your flexible spending plan
- 80 hours of paid time off
- Student loan forgiveness through the Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Scholarships geared towards professional development and continued education
- Career growth opportunities
Pay Rate: $18.50
Available Work Schedules (Full-time/Part-Time)
First/Second/Third Shift Available
- Will discuss available times in interview
What You Will be Doing
As a Peer Support Specialist, you will guide, coach, and mentor individuals with mental health and/or substance use challenges to assist them in reaching their boundless potential. In this role, you will use your personal experiences with mental health and/or substance use and recovery to help treatment teams develop strengths-based support plans, share coping strategies and wellness tools with individuals served, and share resources to help individuals meet their goals.
Location: Community – Central Region
High school diploma or GED
- Lived experience with mental health, behavioral health, or substance use challenges and recovery.
- Peer Support Specialist certification at time of hire or within the first 3 months of hire.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Actively engaging in education in Social Work, Psychology, Education, or related field at the collegiate level.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must be able to function independently and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents, staff, and support agencies.
- Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, emotionally upset, and at times hostile clients/family members.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Ability to obtain and maintain First Aid, CPR - adult, child, and infant; delegated nursing. (Training will be provided, if not already certified)
- Valid Ohio Driver's License with Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles; proof of auto insurance; insurable driving record (five points or fewer).
- Current High Fidelity Wrap-Around and CANS Assessor training or the ability to complete such within 90 days of hire.
- Training in cultural competency or the ability to complete such within 90 days of hire.
All candidates who have received an offer of employment will be required to undergo a pre-employment background check, drug screen, and health screen as applicable for the role.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.