Career Level Required: Entry Level
Experience Required: Not required but is a plus
Job Type: Employee
Job Status: Full-Time
Hours/Shift: Varies, 8:00a.m. - 6:00p.m.
Russell Cellular is a Verizon Wireless Authorized Retailer that has been in business since 1993. We are a part of Verizon's Big 6 program and was awarded Verizon Wireless Partner of the Year for 2018. With over 700 locations, 43 states, and 2,000 plus employees, our mission us to provide the best wireless experience to every customer, every time.
Russell Cellular has three pillars we live by: Opportunity, Value and Team.
Opportunity: Russell Cellular will partner with you to grow in your career by providing ongoing opportunities to increase your skills and achieve your aspirations.
Value: All Russell Cellular employees deserve to feel valued and we do this through recognition, consistent coaching and feedback, and ongoing training.
Team: Russell Cellular is grounded in a team culture where we expect everyone to help those around themselves to succeed.
- Competitive based pay
- In-depth training program
- Health and life insurance
- Paid sick days and company holidays
- 401k Matching
- Incentive programs, industry discounts and perks
- Positive working environment
- Team based philosophy
We are looking for a Payroll Clerk to be a part of our dynamic team!
- Oversees payroll for 2000+ employees
- Process Employee Time & Attendance data from the Time system to payroll
- Develop in depth understanding of Payroll Database
- Ensure employee's pay is processed timely, accurately, and compliantly
- Processes garnishments which included child supports, tax levies, student loans, WRIT of garnishments, etc.
- Provide customer service to employees: in the area of pay, benefits and taxes as they relate to their pay.
- Understand all aspects of payroll in regards to payroll laws and regulations
- Compiles and analyzes payroll data, makes recommendations and determinations and prepares related reports.
- Understand all aspects of payrolls taxes in regards to laws and regulations
- Ability to adapt to an ever-changing industry
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Accuracy and speed for data entry
- Competency in PC
- Microsoft Excel and Word
- General office skills
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to pay attention to detail and possess strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and communication skills are essential
- Ability to work independently and multi-task in order to achieve Corporate Office goals
- Positive attitude and pleasant demeanor
- Professional appearance
- Team player
- Experience a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Russell Cellular is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Russell Cellular makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.