Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet with customers to negotiate pricing and terms and conditions of sale.
- Maintain a good relationship with the production facilities, Service Techs, and FBA
- Consider customer environmental requirements and regulations when quoting product solutions.
- Collaborate with an internal, cross-functional team to define, refine and sell the proposed products.
- Complete required reports. Regularly use CRM and other systems to collect and analyze customer data, and maintain accurate and updated information.
- Deliver the company's strategic bookings, revenue, margin and profit objectives by growing sales of Standard products without overusing allowable discounts.
- Create market awareness of the company's offerings and points-of-difference through presentations, prospecting, networking, trade shows, and trade association meetings.
- Prepare accurate and detailed customer proposals using line item quote specifications and clearly outlined product, price, and service expectations. Obtain required internal approvals.
- Communicate with the customer before and after the installation stage to ensure final customer satisfaction. If required, work with internal personnel to implement timely corrective actions as required.
- Collaborate with the marketing team by providing input, competitive findings, market opportunities, and Voice of Customer responses. Adapt as needed to deliver company's overall annual sales goals.
- Using a high degree of integrity, industry, and technical knowledge, manage sales activities to build and maintain long-term customer relationships that achieve sales goals and other corporate objectives.
- Implement comprehensive sales strategies and lead follow-up that generates awareness of our capabilities as the best solution for clients and positions the company to recognize and win business opportunities.
- Set and achieve personal sales goals monthly, quarterly, and annually. Evaluate sales pipeline progress frequently and adjust timely as needed. Provide input for, and monitor, budget and expenses for the position.
- Meet with current and potential customers to deliver professional, technical presentations, assess customer needs, recommend and plan solutions, and drive the sale to completion. Discuss, conceptualize, refine and upsell equipment and services that deliver customer solutions and profitable growth.
- Strong math skills.
- Outstanding negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated alignment with company values.
- Ability to travel to domestic and/or international sites.
- Highly results-oriented sales and time management skills.
- Strong self-discipline and a positive, collaborative demeanor.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, CRM and ERP skills.
- Strategic thinker with excellent judgment and decision-making skills.
- Analytical and creative problem-solver to identify and sell to customer needs.
- Possesses the drive to meet multiple, fast-paced, project deadlines while maintaining strong performance.
- Professional customer presence with ability to effectively discuss technical solutions at some level of detail.
- Adaptable team player with excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Knowledge and experience with: hydraulics; engine and transmission testing products and industrial machines are required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, customer specifications, warranties, company standards, and operating and maintenance instructions required.
Education and/or Experience
BSME or BSEE, or equivalent education and experience, and/or 3 years successful industrial sales experience for a manufacturer, or applicable combination of education and experience with a demonstrated use of standard sales cycle process.
Capital equipment: electro-mechanical and software systems experience is ideal.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions. The employee frequently works in high, precarious places. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Benefits Included: Health, Vision, Dental, 401K, Wellness Programs, Charitable Giving, PTO, CTO and numerous company events throughout the year!