Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain quality and safety standards.
- Maintain a clean and neat work area.
- Demonstrate and support company values.
- Operate a forklift or crane when necessary.
- Determine and select, modify or recommend tooling.
- Work effectively as a team member to contribute to a positive workplace.
- Understand complex machine functions and effects on machined materials.
- Work with and train apprentices or other machinists/operators as needed and requested.
- Participate in and contribute to continuous improvement culture, including Lean initiatives.
- Follow company procedures to complete assignments. Complete and maintain required records.
- Communicate concerns to manager timely. Participate in solution implementation as appropriate.
- Review set up sheets and specifications to determine setup procedure, machine sequence and dimensions.
- Diagnose operating difficulties. Troubleshoot, repair and correct basic machine issues, tooling, or replacement parts.
- Perform complex series' of progressive machine operations to meet precise and close tolerance and finish requirements.
- Optimizing machine processes, set-up and operate all manual and CNC Machines to produce parts accurately and efficiently.
- Complete first piece inspection and use a variety of precision measuring and inspection devices to ensure parts conform to specifications.
- Interpret engineering drawings. Identify and correct errors or recommend potential improvements in the drawings to engineers and/or management.
- Manually cycle machine through sequences. Correct deviations, adjust machine speeds and feeds, and calibrate and change cutters in order to machine parts according to specifications.
- Has own tools.
- Knowledge of G & M codes.
- Knowledge of tool and work offsets.
- Positive attitude to guide and train others.
- Proficient with various precision measuring and inspection tools.
- Good attendance and willingness to adjust schedule as requested.
- Familiarity with types of controls such as Mazak, Fanuc and Mazatrol.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and ability to work with hands productively.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent. Overall excellent math skills.
- Willingness to cross-train and work in other functional areas of the shop as needed.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, operating instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Education and/or Experience
Completion of a state apprenticeship with journeyman card preferred or equivalent experience and knowledge. Ability to set-up and operate various manual and CNC machines. Proficient with various precision measuring and inspection tools. Experience running CNC turning and CNC horizontal mills.Knowledge using one or more of the following: Fanuc, Mazatrol, Haas and Hurco controls preferred.
The employee works in a manufacturing assembly environment and is occasionally exposed to wet, humid conditions and toxic or caustic chemicals. He/she is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and work near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is loud.
Benefits Included: Health, Vision, Dental, 401K, Wellness Programs, Charitable Giving, PTO, CTO and numerous company events throughout the year!
|Power Test is a world leader in the manufacture of heavy duty engine, transmission and chassis dynamometer systems. Established in 1976, we are a consistently growing and dynamic organization. Power Test was awarded the 2011 and 2012 Wisconsin Manufacturer of the Year Award, Wisconsin's Future 50 Master Mettle Award in 2014, named one of the top southeast Wisconsin's Healthiest Employers in the Small Business category from 2011-2014, and was awarded the 2013 Governor's Export Achievement Award for the state of Wisconsin.
|We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.