Are you a Human Resources Assistant Onboarding and Compliance who is passionate about people? Are you looking for a job where you’ll enjoy excellent benefits and the chance to make a difference in your community? Then join the I Am Boundless, Inc. team!
We are a fast-growing nonprofit organization committed to building a world that realizes the boundless potential of all people. For more than forty years, we’ve provided people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and behavioral health challenges the support and services to thrive. Our person-centered approach to care celebrates people for who they are and empowers them to become active participants in the communities where they live, work, and play.
Will you join us? Apply today!
Working for Boundless has many perks. We treat our team like family and offer advantages that allow you to focus, thrive, and grow. Why Boundless?
- Excellent benefits including no-cost dental, vision, and life insurance.
- A Boundless sponsored $150 deposited into your flexible spending plan
- 80 hours of paid time off
- Student loan forgiveness through the Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Scholarships geared towards professional development and continued education
- Career growth opportunities
Pay Range: $18.00 to $20.40 an hour. Based on your experience
What You Will be Doing
I Am Boundless, Inc. is seeking a self-motivated Human Resources (HR) Assistant to support our busy HR department and growing organization in the areas of onboarding & compliance. The HR Assistant will be responsible for providing support for the HR department, assisting with the onboarding process, compliance tracking, and annual compliance process. The HR Assistant is expected to be a conceptual thinker with superb organizational and time management skills.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Under the supervision of the HR Manager, coordinate the HR compliance process for current PDP (Parent Directed Program) employees.
- Monitor and maintain PDP training records and tracking.
- Monitor and maintain PDP drivers abstract, auto insurance, driver's license, and tracking.
- Process and review employee documentation, ensuring complete and accurate information has been provided.
- Monitor and complete database checks for all employees.
- Update internal HR database and maintain HR records.
- Create and distribute monthly communications to employees regarding their necessary compliance requirements as required by specific programs, including deadlines to complete and consequences for failure to comply.
- Work closely with the Onboarding HR Assistants.
- Cover onboarding appointments as needed.
- Maintains confidentiality at the highest level and legal compliance in all areas of work.
- Ensure all DODD requirements and Boundless policies are followed.
- All other duties as assigned to assist with any aspect of the Boundless organization and the HR functions to support.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
- Proven experience as an HR coordinator or relevant human resources/administrative position.
- Knowledge of human resources processes and best practices.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with HR databases and HRIS systems.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret reports and documents.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Fantastic organizational and time management skills.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- One-year experience working with intellectually or developmentally disabled individuals preferred.
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of U.S. federal, state, and local employment laws, and compliance requirements.
All candidates who have received an offer of employment will be required to undergo a pre-employment background check, drug screen, and health screen as applicable for the role.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.