We're looking for a Sales & Marketing Superstar!
We're looking for an ambitious, adventurous, assertive, and resilient Vice President of Sales & Marketing to join a dynamic leadership team as we usher in a new era at Aeries. Our ideal candidate is a thoughtful, intuitive dealmaker who effortlessly spins a compelling tale. In support of our SIS market domination goals, the mission of this new leadership role will be to maximize profit by building and executing strategies for new sales, upsales, marketing and client communications. You will be the chief evangelist for our product offering, ensuring every school system is aware of how all students in California and Texas can benefit from Aeries' SIS.
All About Aeries
Aeries is a student information system (SIS) that serves millions of users throughout California and Texas. We are the fastest growing SIS and are looking to accelerate that growth by increasing our sales in California and Texas. Our mission is to deliver data-driven, intuitive, and innovative solutions that empower communities to advance student success. Our vision at Aeries is to build a world where data empowers educators. We believe strongly in the supporting role of technology in education, but recognize that there's no replacement for the wisdom and determination of the real people supporting students' academic successes every day. That's why our goal is to build tools that allow educators to focus on what they do best: educating.
Aeries is a successful family-owned and operated SIS company that prioritizes quality of life, user experience, and long-term successes of those we serve. We build strong, lasting, meaningful relationships with our 700+ customers and our 126 team members.
All About the Job
Your mission, if you choose to accept it, will be to create targeted, distinct sales and marketing campaigns. Those campaigns will have well-defined market segments, identified opportunity sizes, compelling messaging delivered through appropriate marketing channels, and sales processes that leverage Aeries' existing talent and perspectives. All of this will drive Aeries to capture the attention of our ideal customers and close sales consistently.
- Build and empower the sales and marketing teams to excel so Aeries is chosen above the competition and remains the choice of current clients
- Evolve the Aeries brand and develop marketing initiatives that clearly communicate the power of Aeries as a tool for educators
- Leverage your existing Texas and California relationships
- Communicate concisely and effectively with different audiences ? clients, vendors, leadership, employees, colleagues ? and in varying mediums
- Develop and deploy sales, marketing and communications strategies
- Planning and identifying target markets
- Maintain and communicate goals, while being flexible enough to successfully lead the sales and marketing function and team through a period of rapid evolution
- Enhance, develop, and maintain systems, processes and strategies for managing the team and function
- Produce and maintain marketing collateral and messaging content
- Monitor and analyze the effectiveness of communications, marketing and sales initiatives and decisively make adjustments to those strategies to improve ROI
- Evolve and execute the branding and marketing strategy necessary to support Aeries' sales and retention goals, including Aeries' online presence
- Collaborate and communicate with fellow Aeries leaders (Product, Customer Experience, IT, Customer Success, Operations) and team members
- Advocate on behalf of Aeries, your team and the customer
- Represent the needs and perspective of clients and potential clients in the product development process
- Maintain a sales process that adds value to prospective customers by helping them better understand their current situations
- Report directly to the President of Aeries, accountability to the CEO, SEO and Chief of Staff
- Manage a team of at least 7 sales and marketing professionals, as well as third party vendors
- Hybrid work arrangement may be considered for a superb candidate
- Expect to travel throughout California and Texas; travel to other states as needed
- $180,000 - 240,000 annual salary, based on experience and skills
- Bonuses awarded for exceptional performance and other metric-driven initiatives
- Benefits include: medical, dental, vision, 401K, generous PTO
All About You
You thrive on collaboration in a dynamic environment, and you relish the challenge of building teams, processes, strategy and a winning record. You enjoy the journey of making a sale, and you excel at developing and executing messaging and marketing strategies. You are savvy and adept at leveraging internal and external resources to achieve your goals. You won't hesitate to advocate for the resources necessary to fulfill your mission. You dive in with your team to ensure success, and lead them with candor, sound systems and a motivational mindset. Where your sales and marketing mission is at play, the buck stops with you and you own the output and outcomes of your team. Above all, you have high integrity, you're loyal, and you're mission driven.
- Facilitating success, collaboration, discourse and processes
- Coordinating information and people around the common purpose of sharing Aeries' value with potential customers
- Systems thinking so building processes and cadences is easy
- Relationship selling
- Competitive benchmarking, target market analysis, forecasting and strategy development, financial modeling
- Branding, public relations, image management and telling the story of Aeries
- Prioritizing outcomes, projects and tasks
- Know what needs to be reported – to who (internally and externally), how that information should be presented, and on what cadence
- Projecting sales, setting quotas, developing budgets, establishing territories with an eye toward ROI
- Managing a strong, driven team of professionals by motivating, supporting and inspiring them
- Maintaining relationships with school district decision makers in California and Texas
Your Experience & Skills
- 5+ years leading high performing teams
- 5+ years leading sales, communications and marketing initiatives
- Knowledge and experience planning and executing sales campaigns in an environment defined by a longer sales cycle (18 - 36 months) and public sector customers (Transitional Kindergarten through 12th Grade)
- Knowledge and experience building modern marketing campaigns include content marketing, lead magnets, email, phone, conference, public relations, and pay-per-click
- Budgeting, forecasting, P&L, business reports
- MS Suite, Salesforce, Slack, Marketing Automation (Hubspot, SalesLoft)
- EdTech, Tech, SaaS sales and marketing experience preferred
- Relationships within California and Texas SIS or EdTech communities
- Bachelor's degree in sales and marketing, business, or related field required; Masters degree strongly preferred
Aeries Software provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Aeries Software, Inc., is unable to sponsor, or take over sponsorship of, employment visas at this time.