Are you a talented line cook looking for a growth opportunity with a well-respected restaurant group?
Look no further, Fifth Group Restaurants, Atlanta's most innovative restaurant company, is in search of a talented and passionate Junior Sous Chefs.
Ecco explores the depth and diversity of bold European flavors from the comfort of our contemporary, upscale Buckhead restaurant. Impeccable old-world styling, fine dining standards of service, and an unparalleled wine list will keep you coming back for more. Part of the Fifth Group family of restaurants. We offer industry leading benefits, career advancement, and the opportunity to learn and grow every day, surrounded by a terrific group of professionals
The Junior Sous Chef fills a production role with the primary responsibility of overseeing and executing the soup, sauce and skilled-prep work. Responsibilities shall include any duties necessary to operate organized, well-managed shifts, ensure consistent high quality food, and daily readiness. This position supervises the prep crew, and often must work stations on the line. This position reports directly to the Executive Chef and Sous Chefs.
Areas of Responsibility
Food Quality and Consistency
- Work all line positions with proficiency and consistency.
- Prepare all soups, stocks and sauces with proficiency and consistency, and to appropriate par levels.
- Assign and complete general prep to appropriate par levels as directed by the EC and Sous Chefs.
- Assist Chefs with daily line checks and periodic quality checks.
- Assist with fabrication of proteins as directed by Chefs.
- Assist with receiving / rotation / storage of product as needed including:
-weighing-in of product
-checking prices of products against order sheets or bid sheets
-proper rotation of products
-cross referencing deliveries with order sheets
-calling vendors when discrepancies exist, and requesting credits when appropriate.
- Aid in development and maintenance of a thorough and accurate recipe file, and ensure consistent adherence to recipe specifications.
- Practice sound culinary technique, proper food storage and sanitation practices.
- Assist Chefs with special menu production and execution.
- Assist with menu changes including:
-implementation of menu
-streamlining of production while maintaining consistency.
- Supervise beginning and ending shift set-up and breakdown.
- Thoroughness and consistency in following all developed systems/checklists.
- Complete knowledge of and ability to set-up, work, and break-down all line positions.
- Operate a clean/well maintained shift while holding the prep staff accountable for completion of opening and closing duties, prep list review and completion, cleaning projects, productivity, and quality of work.
- Consistently monitor and proactively manage the following during every shift: workplace safety, back door security, and facility cleanliness.
- Execute BOH menu meetings in a timely/consistent manner when directed by chef.
- Expo lunch or dinner shifts as directed by EC or Sous Chefs.
- Assist Chefs with weekly FOH staff demos.
- Lead by example for all employees.
- Responsible for following all standards, policies and practices outlined by EC.
- Hold hourly staff accountable through consistent feedback, example setting and coaching.
- Actively seek to improve productivity and reduce unnecessary hourly labor expense.
- Assist Chefs with physical counts.
- Manage with a sense of profitability.
- Actively manage inventory utilization and minimize waste through vigilance and communication.
- Record all waste on waste log.
- Assist in monitoring and controlling all BOH related expenses.
- Open kitchen when scheduled to do so.
- Turn on all equipment when opening.
- Monitor kitchen cleanliness and communicate issues.
- Prepare all soups, stocks and sauces as needed for service.
- Delegate, oversee, and ensure the completion of the daily prep list.
- Prepare staff meals as appropriate.
- Oversee dishwashers and assign cleaning projects.
- Ensure clean, organized prep kitchen and walk-in.
- Work any line station whenever needed for lunch or dinner.
- Ordering as appropriate for the next shift, or as directed by Chef.
In addition to excellent culinary knowledge and casual fine dining experience, in-depth responsibilities evolve from the following areas: Financial, Management, Food and Front and Back of House Operations, Human Resources and General Kitchen Business Operations.