The Director position facilitates the electronic information needs of the academic, student, and administrative sectors of Ohio Christian University. As such the Director is responsible for the entire electronic information computing, media in conjunction with Marketing, and telecommunications systems including hardware, software, personnel, and operations.
Department: Information Technology
Location: This position reports on site to our main campus in Circleville, Ohio Monday-Friday
Months per year: 12
Hours per week: 40
Salary range: $60,000-$80,000 per year
FLSA status: Exempt
Supervises: IT personnel
Supervisory Roles: Direct supervision areas include NOC, IT Services, IT Support, Application Development
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Not to be considered an exhaustive listing)
- Under close supervision by the Chief Financial Officer/Chief Operating Officer, coordinates, supervises, and plans for
- Instructional services
- Database services
- Library computing
- Network and telecommunications operations
- Develops technology and operational plans, in cooperation with the President, Vice Presidents, and department heads.
- Integrates specific area plans for purposes of implementation, budgeting and impact.
- Maintains expertise in applicable hardware and software technology to improve services at Ohio Christian University.
- Ensures that appropriate client support systems are developed and maintained in functional areas.
- Ensures that campus network and telecommunication systems appropriately serve campus needs.
- Supervises and coordinates budget preparation and administration for functional areas.
- Selects, supervises, and evaluates all personnel subordinate to this position. Arranges for the hiring of IT personnel in coordination with the CFO/COO and the Office of Human Resources.
- Ensures timely submission of all accounts payable including Visa accounts, vendor invoices, and departmental reallocations.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
According to Ohio Christian University employment policy, all employees must possess a strong Christian commitment and adhere to the standards outlined in the OCU Community Lifestyle Statement.
- Education, Training and Experience: Bachelor's degree preferred or combination of appropriate certifications and 3-5 years of progressively responsible work experience in IT.
- Knowledge of:
- Project management
- Skill and Ability to:
- Supervise others
- Project a long term vision for the facilities and efficiency growth of the University
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
As a religious educational institution operating under the auspices of The Churches of Christ in Christian Union, Ohio Christian University is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (42 U.S.C., Sections 2000e-1 and 2000e-2).The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an 'at-will' basis, unless otherwise contractually bound.
Ohio Christian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer