Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain a clean and neat work area.
- Maintain quality and safety standards.
- Operate a forklift or crane when necessary.
- Demonstrate and support company values.
- May assist other less experienced machine operators.
- Set up and operate various company manual machines.
- Understand basic machine functions and effects on machined parts
- Optimizing machine processes, produce parts accurately and efficiently.
- Work effectively as a team member to contribute to a positive workplace.
- Troubleshoot and correct basic machine issues, tooling, or replacement parts.
- Participate in and contribute to continuous improvement culture, including Lean initiatives.
- Follow company procedures to complete assignments. Complete and maintain required records.
- Communicate concerns to manager timely. Participate in solution implementation as appropriate.
- Review set up sheets and specifications to determine setup procedure, machine sequence and dimensions.
- Select or adjust tooling and adjust speeds and feeds for variations in materials or conditions on standard procedures.
- Complete first piece inspection and use a variety of precision measuring and inspection devices to ensure parts conform to specifications.
- Interpret engineering drawings. Identify and correct errors or recommend necessary improvements in the drawings to engineers and/or management.
- Perform a variety of progressive machine operations to meet precise and close tolerance and finish requirements on standardized machining operations.
- Has own tools.
- Positive attitude to guide and train others.
- Microsoft Office and basic computer skills desired.
- Proficient with various precision measuring and inspection tools.
- Good attendance and willingness to adjust schedule as requested.
- Experience setting-up, and operating various types of manual machines.
- Willingness to cross-train and work in other functional areas of the shop as needed.
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or equivalent plus 3-5 years machine operation and set-up experience on various manual and CNC production machines. Vocational training ideal. Experience with conversational mill, horizontal mill, lathe and VTL (verticle turning lathe).
The employee works in a manufacturing assembly environment and is occasionally exposed to wet, humid conditions and toxic or caustic chemicals. He/she is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and work near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is loud.
Benefits Included: Health, Vision, Dental, 401K, Wellness Programs, Charitable Giving, PTO, CTO and numerous company events throughout the year!
|Power Test is a world leader in the manufacture of heavy duty engine, transmission and chassis dynamometer systems. Established in 1976, we are a consistently growing and dynamic organization. Power Test was awarded the 2011 and 2012 Wisconsin Manufacturer of the Year Award, Wisconsin's Future 50 Master Mettle Award in 2014, named one of the top southeast Wisconsin's Healthiest Employers in the Small Business category from 2011-2014, and was awarded the 2013 Governor's Export Achievement Award for the state of Wisconsin.
|We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.