Under the supervision and guidance of assigned training personnel; accepts and processes transactions from the bank's customers by personal contact, mail, and night deposit. Become knowledgeable in identifying customer needs, service accounts, explain financial products and help resolve customer issues. *Cross train to perform customer services, such as opening new accounts, establishing direct deposit accounts, opening retirement accounts and providing efficient and quality customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Training consists of learning and developing the essential duties listed below:
- Maintain strict privacy regarding customer account information. Maintain customer confidence and protect bank operations by keeping information confidential.
- Provide customers with exceptional customer service and execute operational excellence. In person: Greet every customer with a smile, maintain eye contact, call them by name, stay connected in conversation and let them know they are appreciated. When on the telephone: Speak with a smile, call them by name, stay connected in the conversation and let them know they are appreciated.
- Process deposits, withdrawals, cash advances, issue Cashier's Checks, and cash checks, securing proper identification and following teller policies and procedures. Examine checks deposited and determine proper funds availability based on regulation requirements and complete hold notices. Identify counterfeit currency. Ability to use mathematical skills using money (add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers) will be required.
- Visually review customer transactions verifying necessary information.
- Count and balance cash using teller platform. Buy and sell currency from the vault as necessary, ensuring that teller drawer cash limits are not exceeded. Scan all proof work through branch capture machine.
- Receives mortgage, consumer, and other loan payments.
- Ability to articulate effectively with customers by answering questions in person or on telephone and refers customers to other bank services as necessary. Constantly communicate and exchange information with external and internal customers and must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations. Ability to use common sense understanding in order to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Promote bank services and products following appropriate cross-selling procedures or directing client to appropriate bank personnel. Refer customers to the proper department for issues that cannot be resolved at the teller line. Ability to read and interpret documents and write routine correspondence via MS Outlook.
- Adhere to daily opening and closing procedures. Follow prescribed security and safety measures. Secure coin and currency at closing ensuring that cash drawers and safes are locked in vault.
- Maintain currency and coin supply as prescribed by bank policy. Manually count, verify and strap currency. Process coin by selling to the vault in accordance with cash limit and coin policy. Lifting of coin and currency up to 50 pounds as needed.
- Assist with night deposits, mail deposits and ATM deposits as needed.
- Maintain customer confidence and protects bank operations by keeping information confidential.
- Complete Currency Transaction Report (CTR) and Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) as needed. Detect and inform the Bank Secrecy Act Officer of any activities that appear to be suspicious, or that involve fraud, insider abuse and/or other activities where a SAR should be considered as needed.
- Inform Banking Center Manager and/or Retail Operation Manager of department activities and of any problems, concerns or outages exceeding $50.00.
- Assist internal customers (other personnel) and executive management as requested.
- Admitting customers to their safe-deposit boxes.
- Identify Fraudulent transactions, review current concerns with management and become well-informed on new suspicious activities.
- Provide quality service by answering questions, telephone inquiries, and provide information on bank services. Handle or provide assistance to other tellers with unusual transactions and answer difficult customer inquiries.
- Assist with resolving teller outages and research to resolve discrepancies.
- Obtain training and become proficient in executing Wire Transfers.
- Operate computer, keyboard, telephone, scanner and copier. Computer skills including basic knowledge in MS Office Outlook, typing, 10 key and the internet. Bank Teller will use money counter and drive thru tube. Proficiency with internal bank software will be required.
- Must be able to arrive at work on time, work on site and work cooperatively with other co-workers.
- Complete all on-line compliance Teal Training courses timely.
- By end of Teal Teller Training period, will have completed the eight Teller Expectations Module through Teal Academy.
- Attend FSB Teller Training School Preferred
- Additional duties may be assigned or required by management.
Upon successful training of duties listed above:
Develop the CSR skills necessary to acquire experience in additional retail services:
- Build consumer and business customer profiles as needed.
- Process Debit Cards upon request.
- Assist customers with name/address changes, account maintenance issues, reconciliation, or complaints.
- Update identification.
- Opening/Closing Accounts.
- Handle debit card disputes.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
HOURS OF AVAILABILITY:
Regularly Scheduled Hours/Week: 40 Hours | Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm | 2 Saturdays a month 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Exended working hours maybe required.
QUALIFICATIONS |EDUCATION | EXPERIENCE | SKILLS | AVAILABILITY
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed within are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Candidate must be 18 years of age.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- 1 - 2 years post-secondary education and/or cash handling, customer service, relevant banking, or professional experience preferred.
Foster a culture that values critical thinking and problem solving, engagement, inclusion, diversity, and execute operational excellence. Establish a positive and productive work relationships; able to generate trust, ability and willingness to give and receive honest, balanced feedback. Willingness to adhere to a strict ethical code of conduct.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT INFORMATION:
The employee must have the visual acuity to read materials in either a printed format or on a computer screen, view and identify customers at drive-through windows or on camera, identify customers inside the lobby and outside of the bank, review customer transactions and verify necessary information, and identify counterfeit currency. The position also requires the ability to articulate sufficiently well to communicate with customers and co-workers. The employee must have the ability to converse with customers in person, over the telephone, and using the drive-through service.
The employee must possess sufficient mobility to work in and move about in a standard office setting and sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate a computer keyboard and other office equipment. Repetitive movement of the wrist, hands, and fingers will be required to handle currency and to operate office equipment including a money counter and drive-through tube. The employee must be able to lift coins and currency weighing up to 50 pounds.
The work environment described here is representative of what an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The duties of this position require the ability to maintain attention to detail and complete work projects accurately in a short amount of time, despite interruptions. The employee must be able to interact with customers in a calm and patient manner and to maintain confidentiality and professionalism in all situations. The employee must be able to use basic mathematical skills related to currency, including adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing numbers. The position also requires the ability to read and interpret documents and draft routine written communications.