The Banking Center Manager ensures the efficient daily operation of a full-service banking center. Maintains staff by assisting with selecting, orientating, and training employees, maintaining a safe, secure, and legal work environment, developing personal growth opportunities. Develops new deposit, coordinates, and administers policies. Provides a superior customer experience and promotes sales and service culture through coaching, guidance, and staff motivation. Actively supervises and trains staff while assisting in the response of customer account inquiries and aids in resolving customer problems and complaints.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for management of the banking center team including service, sales, and operations. Adheres to all department and company policies and procedures and follows applicable banking regulations.
1. Ensures training and development of retail staff on bank protocol, operational processes, policies, and procedures.
2. Creates a positive working environment that facilitates exceptional service, expanding profitable relationships and employee engagement.
3. Support and promotes an environment that provides a level of care that makes customers feel welcomed, significant, and engaged.
4. Engages banking center team to take ownership of achieving personal and banking center goals.
5. Ensures Bank Better Coaching forms are completed according to Bank Better guidelines.
6. Exchange information and keep staff informed of pertinent changes in operational policy and procedures.
7. Manages and schedules retail staff for banking center. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word required.
8. Accomplishes staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; developing, coordinating, and enforcing policies, procedures, and productivity standards. Conduct banking center staff meetings/huddles when needed.
9. Visually identify that mandatory labor law posters are in compliance and are conspicuously displayed in area frequented by all employees on a regular basis and can readily see them. Verify accuracy with Human Resources.
10. Awareness of essential employment law concepts and apply, interpret, and execute policies reviewed during Banking Center Manager meetings and Bank Better University.
1. Frequently performs all essential Retail Banker/Retail Banking Specialist duties and ensure that these duties are followed by retail staff.
2. Provides and ensures that customers receive exceptional service, and that staff executes operational excellence.
3. Ensures that team maintains customer confidence and protects bank operations by keeping information confidential.
4. Maintains security procedures to protect the team and banking center against robbery and other criminal acts.
5. Ensures audit controls are followed to protect the bank from unnecessary risk and exposure and Teller/Bank Center Audits are completed on time every month.
6. Support compliance with regulatory guidelines such as Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC and Regulation E.
7. Review Fraudulent transactions and suspicious activities identified by team members.
8. Monitor wire transfers initiated by team members for accuracy.
9. Serves as a communication link between all departments and Leadership to ensure the Banking Center Team is informed and understands directives, bank financial performance, initiatives, and other pertinent information.
10. Resolves customer complaints which are beyond the scope of other banking center personnel. Discuss and communicate complex and sometimes sensitive subjects with clarity and tact.
11. Resolve any outstanding account maintenance issues tracked by banking center personnel.
12. Works with members of top management to develop banking center objectives and the specific programs necessary to achieve them. Ability to speak effectively to small groups of employees or customers.
13. Ability to read and interpret documents and write routine correspondence via MS Outlook.
14. Understanding of debit-credit and account balancing and ability to identify and resolve staff balancing issues are required. Proficiency in numeracy skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, and decimals will be required.
15. Complete special requests by redeeming U.S. Savings Bonds, processing gift cards, closing accounts, taking orders for checks, exchanging foreign currencies, completing safe-deposit box procedures, and providing account printouts and advanced research, copies, and referrals.
1. Educates banking center team about products and services offered through other lines of business. Ensures that team receives proper training to demonstrate abilities to sell and cross-sell products. Follows marketing initiatives within guidelines provided.
2. Focus on enhancing customer relationships through referrals.
3. Maintains existing customer relationships.
4. May participates in community outreach and activities to enhance the bank’s image and develop additional business and referral sources.
5. Constantly communicate and exchange information with external and internal customers. Executing operational excellence by meeting quality service requirements, connecting through Bank Better experiences, and delivering 2nd Mile Service.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Operate computer, telephone, keyboard scanner and copier. Computer skills including strong knowledge in MS Office Outlook, typing, 10 key and the internet. May assist retail staff with money counter and drive-thru tube. Proficiency with Bankway software will be required.
2. Must be able to arrive at work on time, work on site and work cooperatively with other co-workers. Must be able to travel between banking centers.
3. Complete all on-line compliance Teal Training courses timely.
4. Will be required to attend Bank Better University and incorporate the primary leadership responsibilities:
- Champion our Bank Better values, culture, and brand promise
- Champion operational excellence, a culture rooted in a passion for the Bank Better customer experience
- Champion quality customer service
- Communicate with excellence
- Foster a positive work environment
- Develop people
- Ensure accountability
- Make sound decisions
5. Additional duties may be assigned or required by management.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position has supervisory responsibilities that include the ability to hire, terminate, discipline, and evaluate employee performance for all the retail employees. Ability to rapidly assess any situation, weigh the pros and cons of various approaches, and make an educated and informed decision.
Hours of Availability:
Regularly Scheduled Hours/Week: 40 hours | Monday - Friday 7:30am - 6:00pm with Saturdays on rotation 8:30am - 12:30pm
Extended working hours may be required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Candidate must be 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 5 years experience in banking required.
- Previous supervisory experience required.
- Strong understanding of both transactional and new account functions.
- Working knowledge of Excel to assist with scheduling of employees required.
- Ability to sucessfully train employees.
- Ability to travel between branches within designated market may be necessary.
Foster a culture that values critical thinking and problem solving, engagement, inclusion, execute operational excellence and diversity at all levels. Establish a positive and productive work relationships; able to generate trust, ability and willingness to give and receive honest, balanced feedback. Willingness to adhere to a strict ethical code of conduct.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT INFORMATION
The employee must have the visual acuity to read materials in either a printed format or on a computer screen, view and identify customers at drive-through windows or on camera, identify customers inside the lobby and outside of the bank, review customer transactions and verify necessary information, and identify counterfeit currency. The position also requires the ability to articulate sufficiently well to communicate with customers and co-workers. The employee must have the ability to converse with customers in person, over the telephone, and using the drive-through service.
The employee must possess sufficient mobility to work in and move about in a standard office setting and sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate a computer keyboard and other office equipment. Repetitive movement of the wrist, hands, and fingers will be required to handle currency and to operate office equipment including a money counter and drive-through tube. The employee must be able to lift coins and currency weighing up to 50 pounds.
The work environment described here is representative of what an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The duties of this position require the ability to maintain attention to detail and complete work projects accurately in a short amount of time, despite interruptions. The employee must be able to interact with customers in a calm and patient manner and to maintain confidentiality and professionalism in all situations. The employee must be able to use basic mathematical skills related to currency, including adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing numbers. The position also requires the ability to read and interpret documents and draft routine written communications.