The Management Trust
Position Title: Senior Accountant
Location: Tustin, CA
Reporting To: Accounting Supervisor
Status: Exempt, Full-Time
The Management Trust is a community association management company. We believe that building and maintaining a community takes more than just hammers and nails. It takes integrity, trust, experience, and support. Our success is based on the belief that effective management anticipates our clients' needs, not merely reacts to them. We are a company of creative and committed individuals driven by grand aspirations and are proud to be the only 100% employee-owned community management firm in the nation. Our Employee Owners are encouraged to actively participate in growing our business by helping define best practices every day. It is in this spirit that we encourage you to explore this opportunity to join The Management Trust team.
EMPLOYEE OWNER POSITION PURPOSE:
As our Senior Accountant, you are charged with several critical General Ledger and Financial Reporting tasks - month-end close, journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations, and financial statement production for our highest valued clients. You are the chief support for our Accounting department and our 'go-to' person for status updates. You have the privilege of overseeing a small team of Staff Accountants. This includes monthly review of their financial statement production across assigned Divisions, as well as training, mentoring, and serving to enforce and monitor compliance with Company-wide accounting policies and procedures. If you love numbers and are passionate about leadership, quality, consistency, and accounting best practices, plus enjoy working with a smart/fun/dedicated team, then this is the perfect opportunity for you.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare bank reconciliations, expense accruals, and journal entries for a portfolio of VIP clients
- Review general ledger account activity to ensure financial statement accuracy and adherence to accounting policies
- Produce monthly financial statements and internal/external reports as needed/requested
- Review your Staff Accountants' output for compliance with Company standards and best practices
- Provide training on accounting software, Excel, accounting principles, tips and tricks - anything and everything to support and help your team thrive
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of internal controls and segregation of duties required to drive consistent implementation of best practices
- Identify opportunities for process improvement
- Partner with Accounting Supervisors on identified staff concerns (i.e. performance)
- Direct external audit inquiries and perform audit adjustments when necessary
- Prioritize and juggle multiple projects at once, particularly during month and year-end
- Interface with internal and external clients in a proactive approach (what we call Leadership Management)
- Maintain updated industry knowledge by reading professional publications and exploring on-the-job education opportunities
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree and/or the equivalent of 5+ years of Accounting experience
- Advanced and/or specialty degrees/certifications are a big plus
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced deadline environment while managing multiple-tasks
- Strong MS Office skills (i.e. Excel), paired with comfort quickly mastering new software programs
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to meet a constant stream of deadlines
- High degree of attention to detail and accuracy
- Ultimate professionalism, interpersonal, customer service, and team work skills
- Ability to effectively communicate and partner with internal and external clients of all levels
- Comfortably work with minimal up-front guidance and take ownership of work product
- Use standard office equipment, including: computer, phone, copier/scanner, etc.
- Be stationary for periods of time
- Relocate up to (25) pounds
SUPERVISES OTHERS? IF SO, LIST:
- Small team of Staff Accountants
SCHEDULE & TRAVEL:
- Monday-Friday. We offer flexible scheduling.
- This position may require occasional long hours to meet business needs
The Management Trust is an Equal Opportunity employer. We celebrate and support diversity.
TMT reserves the right to modify this job description at any time based on business need.