Russell Cellular, a Verizon Wireless Premium Retailer, is looking for a Customer Service Manager located at the Home Office in Battlefield, MO. This position is a key management and leadership role within the Russell Cellular operations. This role is responsible for all day-to-day operations and strategic decisions made in regard to our Customer Solutions department's efforts in supporting 600+ retail locations. All of which to align with the goals and direction of the Russell Cellular sales strategy and industry evolution. To ensure success in this role, one should have Customer Service and Call Center experience, sophisticated managerial skills, and the ability to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously. This position reports to the Director of Customer Solutions.
Job Responsibilities / Primary Duties
- General Operational Responsibilities
- Coordinate day-to-day operations of the Department including but not limited to: Scheduling staff, interviewing applicants, advanced customer issue resolution, and communication with all shifts
- Monitor calls, call volume, and call procedures ensuring optimum accuracy and efficiency.
- Team Development and Leadership
- Responsible for leading and growing a team of 50+ team members including Specialists, Coordinators, and assistant manager roles.
- Maintains staff performance by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
- Audit department processes and procedures to ensure operational efficiencies and compliance
- Sales Strategy
- Development and Implementation of strategies to meet and exceed target metrics on a daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Setting department goals as well as tracking and reporting on those set metrics.
- Promote and implement strategic plans for future growth and diversification.
- Metrics & Analytics
- Maintaining a strong reporting system to ensure the goals for the department are being met
- Responsible for reporting to upper-level management on the health of the department.
- Five or more years in meaningful work experience
- Telecommunications or Wireless industry ideal (not required)
- Leadership; Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills; ability to establish relationships, a positive team leader with an ability to inspire others
- Core Competencies: Organizational Efficiency, Vision & Values, Selecting & Building Robust Team, and People Management
- Project management experience including development and implementation of new processes
- Performs work under time schedules and stresses which are normally periodic or cyclical, including time-sensitive deadlines, and project management deadlines
- Ability to write, analyze, and present reporting in regard to the well-being of the department
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Russell Cellular is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Russell Cellular makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.