The purpose of this position is to provide maintenance of environmental Infection Control with acceptable levels of bacteriological, as well as visual cleanliness throughout the hospital. Work hours are 24 hour coverage rotational, day or night shifts, weekends, holidays and occasionally overtime.
- Disinfects patient rooms, bathrooms, offices, hallways, and other assigned areas daily to prevent cross contamination.
- Scrubs and disinfects commodes, urinals, washstands and fixtures, mirrors, soap & paper towel dispensers daily.
- Cleans venetian blinds, washes walls, windows and glass partitions, and other assigned areas.
- Vacuums, dust mops, mop floors, polish/buff floors, gathers and disposes of trash and relines with plastic bags daily. Periodically strips and wax floors as necessary or as directed by immediate Supervisor.
- Replenishes supplies of soap and other dispensable items daily.
- Disinfects room thoroughly after patient has been discharged. Special cleaning after isolation and deceased patients are discharged using proper antiseptic techniques.
- Maintains OB unit as directed. Will complete other duties as assigned by unit supervisor or person in charge.
- Cleans and disinfects aseptic the OR suites and unit as directed. Will complete other duties assigned while in the OR, as directed by supervisor or person in charge.
- Maintains Emergency Room (ER) department 24 hours / 365 days a year. ER will be disinfected meticulously and may be assigned other duties in an event of an emergency.
- Receives hospital clean linen deliveries; maintains a system of linen control and distribution; delivers clean linen to in-patients’ areas as requisitioned; and may label new linen with heat stamper or sew by using industrial sewing machine.
- Collects soiled linen, regular waste, Bio-hazardous waste and Chemo waste, and delivers to appropriate area.
- Maintains and disinfects comfort care rooms in the hospital, as directed by nursing staff.
- Maintains and disinfects hospital morgue, including patient trays. On occasion assist nurse supervisor, security, and mortuary personnel in placing or removing patients from Morgue trays.
- Ensure Proper PPE is worn at all times while on duty. Face Surgical Mask is worn in all Hospital areas. Cloth Masks may be worn in the Office areas. Self-Monitor, Wash Hands and or well use hand sanitizer, Social Distancing well be practiced.
- Proper PPE is worn inside assigned Clinics or Units. NIOSH- approved N95 Masks filtering face piece respirator or higher, if available, Eye or Face shields, Gloves, and Isolation Gowns.
- Complete all donning and doffing tasks in a safe acceptable method and discard of used PPE accordingly. Training well be provided.
- Complete task training for all routine cleaning and decontamination processes for all surfaces contaminated by a communicable disease to ensure a high level of patient, visitor, employee and external customer satisfaction.
- Other duties may be assigned.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires the ability to prolonged periods of standing; walking; sitting; talking or hearing; use of hands to finger, handle, or feel; push/pull; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and, reach with hands and arms. Must be able to taste and smell. This position does require the ability to lift up to 50 pounds frequently and occasionally may be required to lift up to and above 100 pounds using correct judgement, assistance and body mechanics. Moderate heavy physical effort is required continuously in performance of manual cleaning tasks. Must be able to perform prolong periods of repetitive motion actions using both feet and hands. Must be able to repetitively for prolong periods complete grasping simple/light; grasping firm/heavy; and, fine dexterity with both hands. Must be able to withstand moderate noise level and be able to hear alarms on equipment; client calls; instructions from physicians/department staff; and, overhead speaker calls/announcements. Position requires the ability to see close, distant, in color, peripheral vision, depth perception, with the ability to adjust focus as needed.
Must be able to prioritize and use good judgment. Must be flexible as schedule changes and high demands verbally requested in assigned areas, need to be met.
Position can expect to work over ½ the time in wet, humid non-weather-related condition; work near moving mechanical parts; and, be subject to vibrations from machinery. May also require working 1/3 of time intermittently with Toxic or caustic chemicals; Outdoor weather conditions; Extreme cold or heat non-weather related; risk of electrical shock; and, risk of radiation exposure. This position is also working in prolonged exposure of potential infection diseases.
High School Diploma or GED
Minimum three (3) months of general housekeeping experience using common housecleaning implements such as mops, floor waxes and scouring pads to keep areas clean and well serviced
Other Skills and Abilities:
A record of satisfactory performance in all prior and current employment as evidenced by positive employment references from previous and current employers. All employment references must address and indicate success in each one of the following areas:
- Positive working relationships with others
- Possession of high ethical standards and no history of complaints
- Reliable and dependable; reports to work as scheduled without excessive absences
- Proper techniques for protecting self and patients from pathogenic agents
- Understands the standards and precautions of infection control
- Must have the ability to read, write, understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Must be able to work with little or no supervision
- Must have a current valid driver’s license without restrictions and maintained throughout employment
- Completion of and, above-satisfactory scores on all job interviews, demonstrating to the satisfaction of the interviewees and TCRHCC that the applicant can perform the essential functions of the job
- Successful completion of and positive results from all background and reference checks, including positive employment references from authorized representatives of past and current employers demonstrating to the satisfaction of TCRHCC a record of satisfactory performance and that the applicant can perform the essential functions of the job
- Successful completion of fingerprint clearance requirements, physical examinations, and other screenings indicating that the applicant is qualified to be employed by TCRHCC and demonstrating to the satisfaction of TCRHCC that the applicant can perform the essential functions of the job
- Submission of all required employment-related documents, applications, resumes, references, and other required information free of false, misleading, or incomplete information, as determined by TCRHCC.