The primary duty of a Collections Documentation Specialist entails preparing correspondence for Customer and internal communication in a fast-paced, goal-oriented Collections Department. Additional responsibilities include addressing customer service matters regarding collections issues; processing Customer payments; assisting in repossession proceedings; completing Contract Modifications and Restructures as well as keeping records of collections status by account accurately. Collections Documentation Specialists are also expected to make Contract Modification or Restructure recommendations to maximize the likelihood of a successful outcome and advise the Collections Supervisor when necessary to accelerate the process.
The Collections Documentation Specialist will be expected to produce a minimum agreed upon quantity and quality of daily deliverables (e.g., daily document production volumes, error-free calculations) as well as surpass monthly production objectives agreed upon with the Collections Manager.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Managing Customer Documentation
- Produce, send, receive and review (as applicable) collections-related documents between the Customer and AmurEF. Key documents include: Insurance Claims, Voluntary Surrenders, Engine Repairs, Modifications, Restructures, T&As and Contract Amendments.
- Note, file and scan Customer correspondence accordingly in AmurEF's file management systems.
- Compile and analyze documentation and information received from Customers related to Modification or Restructure requests; make recommendation to Collections Supervisor.
- Timely and accurately prepare Repossession Checklists and Equipment Recovery Sheets.
- Calculate full or partial Contract payoffs for delinquent Contracts; provide related Bills of Sale and/or Account Completion letters.
- Enter SoS information for delinquent Contracts.
- Ensure all Customer information is complete and correct in AmurEF's files.
Customer Service and Departmental Cooperation
- Process Customer payments accurately and when scheduled; provide detailed and accurate allocations for internal reporting.
- Provide accurate and detailed information to the Credit Processing team for Exposure calls; record all notes into LeasePlus.
- Assist the Asset Management Department in sending out Notices of Sales (UCC-9s) and requesting Repo Titles (if applicable) once Equipment is secured.
- Facilitate the smooth and timely transition of files to the Asset Management and Legal Department.
- Take on as needed any Departmental overflow work.
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with Customers and AmurEF team members inside and outside the Department, especially Legal, Credit and Asset Management.
- Consistently, clearly and concisely document all interactions with Customers and Vendors in a self-explanatory manner to ensure reporting accuracy and ease of account hand-off.
- Compile and deliver weekly and monthly Collections activity reports for various Departments.
Skills and Abilities
- Self-disciplined and capable of identifying, prioritizing and completing critical tasks independently, creatively and always with a sense of urgency.
- Strong, communication, problem solving, negotiation and analytical skills required.
- Timely decision-making ability.
- Proficient in MS Office, including Excel, Word and Access, as well as Internet-based solutions and AmurEF platforms (e.g., Lease Plus, Aspire, SSRS)
- Attention to detail and an eye for accuracy.
Education and Training Guidelines
- High School diploma or G.E.D. certificate
- Prefer three (3) to five (5) year's work experience in commercial collections/and or customer service
|We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.