The primary responsibilities of a Customer Collections Specialist include developing Customer relationships, identifying causes of account difficulties and pursuing the best course of action to resolve delinquency issues. Duties performed include: manage on a daily basis a large inbound/outbound volume of Customer communications; identify in real time the best approach to negotiate actionable Customer payment arrangements; resolve payment discrepancies with Customers; skip trace Customers; determine likelihood of equipment recovery if no payment can be obtained; and work with third parties including recovery agents, attorneys, insurance companies and other AmurEF Departments to balance the dual objectives of maximizing net recoveries and minimizing recovery time.
The Customer Collections Specialist will be expected to produce a minimum agreed upon quantity and quality of daily deliverables (e.g., daily call count, individual Customer contacts and error-free correspondence) as well as surpass monthly production objectives agreed upon with the Collections Manager.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Resolving Customer Delinquency
- Research, investigate and understand delinquent Customer accounts using Credit Files, Internet research and other company and external resources.
- Perform Customer collections tasks using all methods of contact and correspondence such as emails, phone calls, text messages and letters, always in accordance with industry standards and AmurEF's internal guidelines.
- Thoroughly perform skip tracing of unresponsive Customers to obtain other contacts.
- Utilize third-party services for site visits to either engage with Customer or provide details about the current condition of the Equipment or business.
- Systematically and correctly identify the specific factors causing a Customer delinquency and implement appropriate collections solutions based upon this assessment.
- Develop situation-specific action plans to cure special delinquency situations.
- Resolve payment delinquency issues via Payment in Full, Payment Plan Arrangements or Settlement, in each case including delinquent Periodic Payments, late fees, NSFs and other payment due under the Contract.
Collecting Customer Payments
- Create accurate, complete and timely Default Letters for delinquent Customers and follow-up accordingly.
- Collect and process same-day Customer payments.
- Maintain and update Customer payment information.
- Follow up on Promise to Pay accounts to ensure a positive resolution and Customer satisfaction.
- Provide Customer with requirements for Modification, Restructuring and Settlements and work with Collections Documentation Specialists in preparing and communicating approval, denial and/or additional information requests.
- Note, file and scan Customer correspondence accordingly in AmurEF's file management systems.
- Consistently, clearly and concisely document all interactions with Customers and Vendors in a self-explanatory manner to ensure reporting accuracy and ease of account hand-off.
- Ensure all Customer information is complete and correct in AmurEF's files.
- Prepare routine reports to identify type of collection to report to PayNet (Example: Repo, Collections, Legal).
Customer Service and Departmental Cooperation
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude to promote a collaborative and enjoyable work environment.
- Prepare and forward
|We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.