At Boundless we value our employees. Effective September 12, 2022, we are raising our starting pay for Behavior Technicians by 20%.
Are you a Behavior Technician who is passionate about people? Are you looking for a job where you’ll enjoy excellent benefits and the chance to make a difference in your community? Then join the I Am Boundless, Inc. team!
We are a fast-growing nonprofit organization committed to building a world that realizes the boundless potential of all people. For more than forty years, we’ve provided people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and behavioral health challenges the support and services to thrive. Our person-centered approach to care celebrates people for who they are and empowers them to become active participants in the communities where they live, work, and play.
Will you join us? Apply today!
Working for Boundless has many perks. We treat our team like family and offer advantages that allow you to focus, thrive, and grow. Why Boundless?
- Excellent benefits including no-cost dental, vision, and life insurance.
- A Boundless sponsored $150 deposited into your flexible spending plan.
- Student loan forgiveness through the Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
- Scholarships geared towards professional development and continued education.
- Career growth opportunities.
Pay Range: $15.00 to $17.50 an hour. Based on your education, experience, and credentials
Starting on September 12, 2022, as a Behavior Technician, you can make up to $21.00 an hour based on your experience in the field.
Schedule: First shift, flexible schedule between 8:00 am and 6:00 pm
What You Will be Doing
We want people to join our team who share our values of love, excellence, respect, empowerment, and well-being. The ideal candidate will be implementing behavioral health and educational services using the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis with individuals diagnosed with autism, related mental health disorders and intellectual disabilities in either a 1:1, 1:2 or small and large group sessions. They will be receiving supervision and training from behavior analytic and mental health supervisors through direct observation and team meetings. This is a Full-Time, Year Round, Hourly position.
This position is located at our Perrysburg office.
- High School diploma or equivalent, plus 3 years or more years of experience in the behavioral health, human services, or mental health field.
- Preferred College Degree in education, psychology, social work, or a related field.
- Ability to obtain and maintain First Aid, CPR - adult, child, and infant (training will be provided if not already certified).
- Valid Ohio Driver’s License with Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles; proof of auto insurance, insurable driving record (five points or fewer).
- One to two (1-2) years of experience working directly with children and families.
- Experience working with people with autism spectrum disorders and developmental disabilities.
- Experience working with people with behavioral health conditions.
- Ability to maintain physical exertion for multiple events across a shift that could last up to 45 minutes per episode.
- Ability to maintain a kneeling and/or crouching position for multiple events across a shift that could last up to 45 minutes per episode.
- Ability to stand for the majority of the shift.
- Ability to respond quickly to sounds.
- Ability to see and quickly respond to dangerous situations.
- Ability to wear personal protective and safety gear correctly for the majority of the shift.
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to assume and maintain a variety of postures (kneeling, squatting, crawling, sitting, standing) for extended periods of time across the shift along with the ability to walk swiftly or run after consumers on a shift.
- Ability to sit on the floor or stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be willing and able to restrain/hold/transport individuals as needed.
- Ability to utilize quick body movements when working with individuals with challenging behavior.
- Ability to remain awake for the entire assigned shift.
All candidates who have received an offer of employment will be required to undergo a pre-employment background check, drug screen, and health screen as applicable for the role.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.