Under the direction of the Manager of Risk Management, the Security Assistant will provide Access Control and other Safety and Security services at Opportunity Village buildings and campuses, through enforcement of company policies and procedures. Embrace Opportunity Village core values by cultivating positive and meaningful CONNECTIONS with clients and colleagues, demonstrating ENTHUSIASM, high standards of PRODUCTIVITY, authentic STEWARDSHIP, and consistent participation in individual and team DEVELOPMENT. Reinforce and positively engage in Opportunity Village’s organizational culture supporting choice and creativity of clients and of staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Open and close building when required, to include locking/unlocking perimeter doors and arming/disarming burglar alarm systems.
2. Conduct Security patrols and Safety inspections throughout the property.
3. Liaise and coordinate with the local Grass Roots Safety Team for Safety-related matters.
4. Meet and greet all entering personnel. Monitor and verify all staff and visitor access into and out of OV properties through ID verification. Register visitors in appropriate system.
5. Maintain continuous effective communication with all departments and employees to coordinate visitors.
6. Manage and route incoming and outgoing US Mail, courier deliveries, etc.
7. Answer and route incoming phone calls.
8. Assist with video surveillance and Safety and Security reporting and investigations.
9. Identify and communicate all access violations and theft, or other policy violations, to the Manager of Risk Management.
10. Check security cameras for proper operation daily. Report discrepancies to the Manager of Risk Management.
11. Provide guidance and assistance in emergency situations.
12. Provide excellent customer service.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
This position has no staff supervisory responsibilities.