Under the direction of the Manager of Case Management Supports, the Case Manager will provide case management, support, and advocacy for the individuals we serve who have intellectual and/or developmental disabilities. Additional primary duties are to act as liaison between the individuals served, caregivers/families/guardians, Opportunity Village, Desert Regional Center, and other support services. Case Managers ensure that all individuals served are presented with, and permitted to make, choices in the services they receive, the manner and settings in which those services are provided, and in the work they do.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1) Embrace Opportunity Village’s core values of The OV Way by cultivating positive and meaningful CONNECTIONS with individuals served and colleagues, demonstrating ENTHUSIASM, high standards of PRODUCTIVITY, authentic STEWARDSHIP, and consistent participation in individual and team DEVELOPMENT.
2) Reinforce and positively engage in Opportunity Village’s organizational culture supporting choice and creativity of individuals served and staff.
3) Maintain positive relationships and networking with community partners, individuals served, caregivers, service coordinators and other person centered planning team members.
4) Advocate for appropriate pre-vocational and employment goals for each individual served.
5) Develop habilitation, service plans, and person-centered plans for clients.
6) Train other staff (Leads, Supervisors, Managers, etc.) on all PCP plans.
7) Understand and comply with all safety regulations within our organization as well as OSHA compliance.
8) Complete and submit required service plans, reports, and other documentation accurately and in a timely fashion.
9) Submit transportation requests, cancellations and communicate changes/concerns while monitoring accuracy.
10) Comply with all Opportunity Village policies and procedures and with Federal, State, and local laws, regulations, and requirements.
11) Participate in professional meetings, completes tours/intakes and assist in coordination of special events for individuals served.
12) Collaborate with other staff and volunteers to ensure that all adults with disabilities have the opportunity to:
· Gain knowledge of self-management and behavioral skills that will enhance their contribution and integration into the community.
· Promote an abuse and neglect free environment.
13) Complete scholarship, private pay, JDT funding and other agency funding renewals.
14) Maintain records/file compliance as well as HIPAA compliance.
15) Complete monthly rights training ongoing for the individuals.
16) Attend special events as needed.
17) Report suspected Abuse, Neglect, Exploitation, and Isolation (ANEI) or mistreatment as a mandated reporter according to state law, DRC requirements, and Opportunity Village policy.
18) Perform other duties as assigned.
· This position has no supervisory responsibilities.