Under the supervision and guidance of the assigned manager; assists the First Security Bank Electronic Banking department in sending and receiving wires over the Fed Line while monitoring, documenting, and reconciling all wire Fed Line activity. Coordinates daily settlement with correspondent banking personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain strict privacy regarding customer account information. Maintain customer confidence and protect bank operations by keeping information confidential. Maintain high level of integrity with understanding of the Bank’s wire policy and procedures and being the last line of defense to prevent wire fraud.
- Provide internal and external customers with exceptional customer service and executes operational excellence. In person: Greet every customer with a smile, maintain eye contact, call them by name, stay connected in conversation and let them know they are appreciated. When on the telephone: Speak with a smile, call them by name, stay connected in the conversation and let them know they are appreciated.
- Receive On-the-Job training and gain knowledge in order to comply with related bank and department policies, audit standards, the bank’s Customer Identification Program (CIP), OFAC guidelines, regulatory mandates (i.e. Dodd-Frank Act, Regulation E, etc.).
- Initiate communication with the Federal Reserve Bank for all approved Fed line applications to include, but not be limited to: Automated Clearing House (ACH) entries, wire transfers, and FR2900 (Reserve Reporting). Ability to use common sense understanding to make decisions, interpret data and carry out detailed written and oral instructions.
- Completes all work assignments of departments. Includes wire functions, incoming and outgoing, foreign and domestic; working with branch staff and other internal bank staff on issues related to wires; foreign check collections and other assigned tasks.
- Identify all fraud alerts. Closely monitor all outgoing wires/Automated Clearing House (ACH) originating files for potential fraud and notify management of potential suspicious activity. Keep abreast of industry changes, scams, fraud trends, and evolving security risks. Constantly has close visual acuity to view computer terminal and extensive reading to monitor items listed.
- Perform end of day balancing with Federal Reserve, wire platform, and resolve wire validation errors, wire rejects, audit exceptions, audit requests, compliance requests, accounting reconciliation questions, customer wire inquiries, and wire subpoena requests.
- Possess overall depth of knowledge and understanding of bank operations. Assist in ensuring daily, monthly, and quarterly responsibilities are completed as assigned.
- Log and retain records of all wire activity. Reconcile and balance individual wires daily.
Scheduled Hours: 40 Hours Per Week |
Monday – Friday 7:00 am – 4:00 pm | 8:00 am-5:00 pm | 8:30 am – 5:30 pm (Rotating Schedule every week)
QUALIFICATIONS |EDUCATION | EXPERIENCE:
• Candidate must be 18 years of age
• High School Diploma or GED Required
• 6 months-2 years post-secondary education and/or cash handling, customer service, relevant banking, or professional experience preferred.
Foster a culture that values critical thinking and problem solving, engagement, inclusion, execute operational excellence and diversity at all levels. Establish a positive and productive work relationships; able to generate trust, ability, and willingness to give and receive honest, balanced feedback. Willingness to adhere to a strict ethical code of conduct.
The employee must possess sufficient mobility to work in and move about in a standard office setting and sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate a computer keyboard and other office equipment. Substantial time may be spent on the telephone and working on a computer, sitting and/or standing. The employee must have the ability to hear and articulate well enough to carry on a normal conversation, both in person and over the telephone. Visual abilities required by this job include the ability to read materials in either a printed format or on a computer screen. The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 10 pounds.
The work environment described here is representative of what an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The duties of this position require the ability to maintain attention to detail and complete work projects accurately in a short amount of time, despite interruptions. The employee must have the ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism in all situations. The position also requires the ability to read and interpret documents and draft written communications.