Do you have an a desire to work in a location that makes a difference every day in our community? Are you an active individual looking for a way to incorporate this into your job? Are you a passionate and caring supervisor? Please apply if this position makes your heart skip a beat. Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate.
Teton County WY is a place where everyone can grow. So, however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day. Teton County WY is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of sex, race, creed, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, ancestry, family status, medical condition, family care leave, genetic predisposition or status as a covered veteran and other protected classifications.
Teton County WY fully embraces the concept of a diverse work force and is prepared to make reasonable accommodations for disabilities and religious practices when necessary. This policy applies to all employment decisions including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, pay practices, benefits, disciplinary actions and terminations.
SUMMARY: Under general supervision, manages and directs staff and participants in assigned recreation programs.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. This is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents of this class; employees may be assigned duties which are not listed below; reasonable accommodations will be made as required. The job description is subject to change at any time by the employer. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Meets with staff and distributes assignments and tasks; creates monthly calendars for program placement; plans and prepares daily activities; gathers necessary supplies.
- Maintains records of program participation and attendance for assigned group; contacts participants or parents to verify absences as necessary.
- Distributes daily activity supplies; monitors participants; oversees and participates in various activities throughout the day; enforces rules and safety procedures
- Oversees participant check-in and check-out; participates in facility set-up and clean-up.
- May coordinate programs with outside agencies and organizations.
- Supports the relationship between the Teton County staff and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with visitors and County staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and County information; performs other duties as required or assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent; AND two years of experience, preferably which includes supervisory responsibilities; OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Required Licenses and Certifications:
- Possession of a valid Wyoming/Idaho Driver’s License and maintain an acceptable driving record may be required.
- CPR and First Aid Certification.
- Specific technical skills training and certifications may be required depending upon area of assignment.
Required Knowledge of:
- Principles and practices of effective program management, leadership, and supervision.
- Recreation site safety rules and regulations.
- Methods of program planning and implementation.
- Principles, practices, and methods of conflict resolution and problem solving.
Required Skills in:
- Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with coworkers and other individuals in contact during the course of work; communicating clearly and concisely
- Operating a personal computer utilizing standard software such as Microsoft Office and some specialized software; functioning standard office equipment.
- Assessing, prioritizing and completing multiple tasks and demands simultaneously.
- Administering basic first aid.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Work is performed both in an indoor or protected environment and outdoors. The incumbent may be occasionally exposed to unfavorable conditions while located at County facilities or at other locations during the course of business.
- Required to work routine nights and weekends as regular schedule.
- Required to work unsupervised in the presence of children or vulnerable adults.