Do you love to cook and have a desire to create memorable guest experiences? Are you committed to excellence and high standards? Do you love everything about the hospitality industry except the hours? We have the job for you!
As a full-time line cook at “one of the best places to work in Charlottesville” you would enjoy a fun, fast paced, team atmosphere in the thriving Virginia wine industry with great hours and benefits. Enjoy no late nights, 40 hours/week, work/life balance and a great environment!
This position will support our Tasting Room as well as our boutique hotel, the Albemarle Estate at Trump Winery.
The ideal candidate will have one to two years cooking experience in a professional kitchen environment but we are willing to train the right person who has a positive, professional attitude and the passion to learn about food, wine, and service.
Position: Line Cook
Location: Trump Winery, 20 minutes south of Downtown Charlottesville
Sign-Bonus: $500.00 To qualify for bonus, must start on or before September 30th. Bonus will be paid in two installments of $250 after 90 days of employment and $250 after 120 days of employment (employee must be in good standing and active at time of payment).
Benefits: Affordable medical, dental, and vision insurance, Voluntary Life, AD&D, and Accident Insurance Plans available PTO (paid vacation, sick days, and holidays), 401k eligibility after one year, generous employee discount, travel discounts at Trump Hotels, educational opportunities, paid volunteer days, and more.
Schedule: FT - Evenings 2 pm to 10 pm, weekend/holiday availability needed
- Responsible for prepping ingredients and assembling dishes according to recipes and specifications
- Set up and stock stations with all necessary supplies
- Prepare food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces)
- Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff to appropriate business-level pars
- Clean up station and take care of leftover food
- Receive, and stock inventory appropriately; place orders on occasion when directed, follow FIFO and product rotation to minimize spoilage and waste.
- Will cook for Albemarle Estate at Trump Winery, Tasting Room, and Events
- Ensure that food is prepared and served according to appropriate time levels; during busy moments, is utilizing tools and practices to ensure the wait is not excessive
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Perform all kitchen-related opening and closing duties
- Perform cleaning tasks in the kitchen and Tasting Room, as assigned
- Team Player attitude with coworkers with the understanding that this is a professional environment that requires cooperation to ensure the success for our guest.
- Other duties, as assigned by management
- Must be able to work efficiently and quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
- Positive, professional, detail-oriented, and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Self-directed, motivated, independent, and able to take direction; “can do” attitude
- Outstanding customer service; sincere desire to create a memorable guest experience; handle pressure gracefully; commitment to excellence and high standards
See why we’ve been named “one of the best places to work in Charlottesville”. We offer:
- Competitive pay
- 80% employer paid and 40% dependent paid medical premium with only a $1000 deductible
- 80% employer paid dental premium
- 80% employer paid vision premium
- Vacation, sick, and holiday pay
- Voluntary Life, AD&D, and Accident Insurance Plans available
- 401k after one year with up to 6% company match
- Generous discounts on wine, merchandise, and hotels
- Monthly wine training opportunities
- Two paid team volunteer days per year
Trump Winery is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other categories protected by federal, state, and local law.
Trump Winery participates in the E-Verify Program (Identity and Employment Eligibility Verification) and uses E-Verify to confirm work authorization. Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States.
Este Empleador participa en E-Verify (Verificación de Documentos de Identidad y Elegibilidad de Empleo).