We know what you're thinking. "What kind of name is IncredibleBank?"
Well, we're glad you asked.
With a name like IncredibleBank, we have a lot to live up to. Our name is a promise we make every day to our customers and to our employees (and hey, that could be you!). A promise that we strive to be incredible in everything we do. A promise that will help our customers, fellow employees, and our communities to do the incredible.
At IncredibleBank, we're all about ICE. What's ICE? ICE stands for Incredible Customer ExperienceTM (that's right - an experience so good and so important we trademarked it). ICE illustrates the core values that drive everything we do - how we conduct business, how we treat each other, and how we continuously strive to build on our model of customer-focused banking. Our core values have been in place for more than 50 years and continue to influence every aspect of our operation today.
So - how can you help us live up to our name?
About the Role
We are eager to discuss the prospect of you joining our team as our next incredible team member! This position reports to the SVP, Credit Officer and will be responsible for underwriting the highest level of complex commercial credit requests that will typically be more than $1,000,000 and completing Annual Reviews. This individual will be expected to be a subject matter expert on commercial credit practices and have a broad breadth of experience underwriting a wide variety of commercial credit requests. In addition to expertise in commercial underwriting, the position is expected to have a working familiarity with credit enhancement programs such as those offered by the SBA and USDA. Individuals should possess advanced knowledge, skills and abilities on the principles, practices and procedures commonly used in business lending and credit analysis.
In this role, you will have an opportunity to partner with team members and key stakeholders to provide Incredible Customer Experiences of your own by completing tasks and responsibilities such as:
• Ensures timely, efficient, and accurate underwriting of the highest level of new commercial loan requests, renewals, modifications, etc. Loan requests may vary and will include multi-company deals of the highest complexity.
• Performs standard financial analysis- uses and analyzes spreadsheets to identify cash flow.
• Prepares detailed and well written Credit Memos that incorporate the “5 C’s of Credit” to convey the credit worthiness of a borrower- character, collateral, capacity, capital, and conditions.
• Works with SBA and Business Banking Officers to ensure loan requests are appropriately structured. May partner with Business Banking Officers for meetings with clients to address questions or concerns.
• Follows Loan Policy and underwriting guidelines; identifies and communicates all Loan Policy exceptions that need to be mitigated in the Credit Memo.
• Utilizes online system to look outside the specifics of the credit request for local, regional, national and/or international economic trends or events that could impact the borrower’s business. Uses due diligence in reviewing material and communicates information to better assist borrower.
• Reviews supporting documents including but not limited to, UCC searches, title policies, appraisals, lease agreements, trust agreements, insurance policies, etc., to ensure the accuracy of the Credit Memo.
• Accurately assigns a risk rating to each loan in the Credit Memo.
• Provides and presents recommendations for efficiencies and process improvements. Expands and works through recommendations of team members.
• Analyzes data and prepares weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports for the Risk Committee, Board of Directors, and Executive Team as assigned.
• Manages the credit pipeline and assigns loan requests to team members. Continually monitors activity to ensure that all requests are completed successfully and in a timely manner.
• Collaborates with team members in weekly credit meetings.
• Participates in loan committee meetings. Reviews meeting minutes for accuracy and partners with manager to disseminate information. Ensures Credit Memos are updated to reflect loan committee changes.
• Attends customer in person meetings with Business Banking Officers when needed.
• Provides leadership, guidance, and training to Credit Analyst I and II.
• Handles highest level of complex issues is an expert resource that provides coaching and/or mentoring to team members as needed.
• Performs other related duties as required or assigned for the department to function effectively.
This is a full-time position, averaging approximately 40 hours/week. Schedule may vary by time zone, Monday through Friday.
This position is remote eligible. Individuals may choose to work from a designated home office space or may choose to work onsite at any IncredibleBank branch location in Wisconsin, Michigan or Florida.
You do what is right over what is easy. You don’t settle for “good enough.” You’re driven to learn and grow. You recognize your impact on the customer experience, regardless of your role.
Those attributes are just a few things our incredible employees have in common.
And, if you are looking for an opportunity to build your career in Credit, we’d be so excited to learn a little more about you and your interests in joining the team! Our recommended and preferred qualifications are:
• Four-year degree from an accredited university and 5+ years of commercial underwriting experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual should be adept with spreadsheet and word processing software as well as have experience working in a digital office environment that utilizes database management systems and/or loan origination software to communicate with the core operating system.
Other Desired Qualifications
• Ability to communicate with internal and external customers in a professional manner.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• A high degree of resourcefulness and adaptability.
About Our Benefits and Compensation
Our promise of ICE extends to our employees as well. Our employees are our greatest asset, and we strive to show our appreciation by offering top-tier benefits and, dare we say, more than competitive compensation that we’re willing to discuss up front.
And we are constantly evaluating and improving our benefits. In fact, eligible employees receive over 30 days off per calendar year! That includes 18 days of PTO to begin, PLUS an Anniversary Holiday, Birthday Holiday, Wellness Holiday, and 12 observed Bank Holidays.
Check out our total rewards package at: https://incrediblebank.mybenefitsapp.com/
About the Company
IncredibleBank first started in 1967 as River Valley Bank with a single location in Rothschild, WI. And we may have strong roots in community banking, but IncredibleBank wasn’t awarded as one of America’s Most Innovative Banks by the Independent Community Bankers of America for our popcorn Fridays. Though we do love free popcorn...
We strive to stay on the leading edge of banking technology with the goal providing the best, simplest way for our customers across the country to do their banking. But if our customers need us, they can pick up the phone and talk to a real person. And that’s what makes us America’s first national online community bank. And who doesn’t love the idea of a national community?
Today, IncredibleBank is a $1.7 billion-asset institution that has grown to 15 brick-and-mortar locations with customers in all 50 states. But we know that as an employer, it’s less about size than it is about culture. That’s why we’re especially proud to have been recognized and certified as a Great Place to Work®.
Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and/or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.