Are you an Human Resources (HR) Professional who is passionate about people? Are you looking for a job where you’ll enjoy excellent benefits and the chance to make a difference in your community? Then join the I Am Boundless, Inc. team!
We are a fast-growing nonprofit organization committed to building a world that realizes the boundless potential of all people. For more than forty years, we’ve provided people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and behavioral health challenges the support and services to thrive. Our person-centered approach to care celebrates people for who they are and empowers them to become active participants in the communities where they live, work, and play.
Will you join us? Apply today!
Working for Boundless has many perks. We treat our team like family and offer advantages that allow you to focus, thrive, and grow. Why Boundless?
- Excellent benefits including no-cost dental, vision, and life insurance.
- A Boundless sponsored $150 deposited into your flexible spending plan
- 232 hours of paid time off
- Student loan forgiveness through the Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Scholarships geared towards professional development and continued education
- Career growth opportunities
What You Will be Doing
The HR Director is responsible for oversight of the people functions of the organization in accordance with the policies and practices of Boundless, the ethical and social consciences of business and society, and the laws, regulations, and administrative rulings of governmental organizations and other regulatory and advisory authorities and organizations. The incumbent will also be responsible for strategic human resource planning to provide the organization with the best people talent available and to position the organization as the employer of choice by being aware of policies, practices, and trends within the industry.
The HR Director will oversee staff operations, business planning, and budget development of the HR Department. Plan, direct, and manages all human resources initiatives, which include recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, and employee relations. Ensure policies, procedures, and HR programs are consistently administered, aligned with organizational goals, and are in compliance with professional standards, state and federal regulatory requirements, and laws.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business, or related field.
- 7-10 years of experience in a Human Resources role with demonstrable knowledge of principles and procedures for recruitment, compliance, employee development, training, compensation, benefits, employee relations and negotiations.
- Excellent verbal, written, and problem-solving skills, strong knowledge of media and complex partnerships.
- Excellent computer skills - including spreadsheets and word processing tools - and ability to learn new programs expeditiously.
- Experience with labor relations; unions, labor contract negotiations, and grievance resolutions.
Preferred Education, Experience, and Certifications
- Master’s degree in human resources, business, or other related advanced education.
- SHRM or HRCI credentialing.
- Experience working in the field of intellectual and developmental disabilities.
This position directly manages the HR Manager and is responsible for performance management for all employees in the department.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Travel is rare, but primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected on occasion.
All candidates who have received an offer of employment will be required to undergo a pre-employment background check, drug screen, and health screen as applicable for the role.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.