This position is to provide support for software, hardware and basic network support to all computer users. Clearly communicate technical solutions in a user-friendly, professional manner; pass more complex end-user problems on to the Tier III Team member. Ensures events reported are accurately and efficiently resolved and/or escalated for minimal business impact. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level. This position will work closely with internal IS team members, and to ensure IS system access supports the mission and goal of the organization.
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software problems on PCs and laptops by working directly with employees. This includes hands on desk side, remote access, email, and phone support.
- Document problem details and communicate through our Service Now (SNOW) ticketing system.
- Image and deploy computers for new hires and also hardware refreshes.
- Monitor computers through inventory management application
- Deploy new peripheral hardware such as printers, copiers, monitors, card readers, etc.
- Identify/diagnose and resolves technical problems for users regarding clinical and business application environments. Such as: software, hardware, network, the internet, and new computer technology in a service desk environment with the ability to communicate solution to end-users.
- Makes the distinction between end-user problems and escalates to appropriate IS team groups when issues need further evaluation / troubleshooting.
- Distributes work orders and maintains inventory for the department. Maintains and utilizes the service management application knowledge base.
- Participates in rounding of main hospital campus to assure clinics, administration, inpatient & outpatient areas have their needs addressed.
- Reports to remote locations outside of Tuba City to troubleshoot, assess, and diagnose technical problem issues. Location are but not limited to Bodaway Gap Clinic, LeChee Health Facility, Sacred Peaks Health Care, & Cameron Dental)
- Remotely connects to customer’s PC and respects their privacy by requesting access to any folders or applications being accessed
- Basic printer maintenance and troubleshooting; replacing toner and other consumables like fusers, waste cartridges, maintenance kits, etc., and contacting printer vendor
- Perform follow up with internal customers to ensure completed work and customer satisfaction.
- Participates in Rotational 24/7 365 days (including holidays) Onsite Helpdesk Support; required to work 12 hour weekend shift every 2 months; may need to cover a shift when called upon to do so; communicates verbally by telephone to Manager for any unplanned absences at least 2 hours before shift.
- Acts as a primary point of contact for recertification of access to handle questions, concerns and feedback
- Assists with the development of processes and procedures of functional and role-based access templates. Develops operating instructions and standards as needed.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the basics of DNS, Active Directory, DHCP, Domain Controller, Backup/Restore, Permission/Right, Project Management, Security, Email Routing, etc.
- Ensure proper PPE is worn at all times while on duty including but not limited to, face mask, gloves, gown, isolation gown, NIOSH-approved N95 filtering facepiece respirator or higher, if available), and eye or face shield.
- Complete all donning and doffing tasks in a safe acceptable method and discard of used PPE accordingly. (see CDC website for most current updates)
- Complete task training for all routine cleaning and decontamination processes for all surfaces contaminated by a communicable disease to ensure a high level of patient, visitor, employee and external customer satisfaction.
- Ability to perform other duties as assigned.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work includes continuous walking, standing, sitting, bending, kneeling, crouching, twisting, maintaining balance, reaching and occasional driving and climbing. Must be able to lift up to 34lbs of items such as paper and books, computer terminals and printers and occasionally lift up to 75lbs of items such IT hardware, computer terminals, computer terminals, printers and backup batteries. Must have ability to push and pull up to 24lbs and occasionally up to 50 lbs. of equipment as well having both hand manipulation of simple grasping, firm grasping, fine manipulation and use of keyboard. Must be able to see fine details, hearing normal speech, use the telephone and occasionally hear overhead pages.
Incumbent works with a large variety of hardware, operating systems, and applications programs, often with similar goals and differing needs. In addition to looking at problems and challenges from a “system” point of view, the applicant must recognize and understand individual program requirements. Must have ability to cope with high levels of stress, make decisions under high pressure, cope with anger/fear/hostility of others in a calm way, manage altercations, concentrate, handle high degree of flexibility, handle multiple priorities in stressful situations, work alone, demonstrate high degree of patience and must be able to frequently adapt to shift work and work in areas that are close and crowded. Must accept a flexible schedule to meet unit needs.
Incumbent may be exposed to infectious disease, dust, fumes, gases, extremes in temperature of humidity, hazardous or moving equipment and loud noises, occasional exposure to chemical agents and unprotected heights.
- High school diploma or GED or Post-secondary courses in computer science or information technology, OR
- CompTIA A+ certification (MUST be obtained within first 12 months from employment)
- At least six (6) months of computer support experience with, PC troubleshooting and software troubleshooting, printer troubleshooting, network troubleshooting and knowledge
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with configuration and maintenance of Windows 10, and Microsoft Office products and satellite products.
- Must have one (1) year experience in account administration with applied working knowledge of current account operations and procedure
- Must have one (1) year experience in Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange account creation
Other Skills and Abilities:
A record of satisfactory performance in all prior and current employment as evidenced by positive employment references from previous and current employers. All employment references must address and indicate success in each one of the following areas:
- Positive working relationships with others
- Reliable and dependable; reports to work as scheduled without excessive absences
- Possession of high ethical standards and no history of complaints.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to work independently, be highly motivated, take initiative, organized, and efficient; ability to prioritize work
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language; at times simultaneously
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities using good project management skills
- Highly self-motivated and keen attention to detail
- Completion of and above-satisfactory scores on all job interviews, demonstrating to the satisfaction of the interviewees and TCRHCC that the applicant can perform the essential functions of the job
- Successful completion of and positive results from all background and reference checks, including positive employment references from authorized representatives of past and current employers demonstrating to the satisfaction of TCRHCC a record of satisfactory performance and that the applicant can perform the essential functions of the job
- Successful completion of fingerprint clearance requirements, physical examinations, and other screenings indicating that the applicant is qualified to be employed by TCRHCC and demonstrating to the satisfaction of TCRHCC that the applicant can perform the essential functions of the job
- Submission of all required employment-related documents, applications, resumes, references, and other required information free of false, misleading or incomplete information, as determined by TCRHCC.