Who is Russell Cellular?
Russell Cellular is a Verizon Wireless Authorized Retailer that has been in business since 1993. We are a part of Verizon's Big 6 program and was awarded Verizon Wireless Partner of the Year for 2018. With over 700 locations, 43 states, and 2,400 plus employees, our mission us to provide the best wireless experience to every customer, every time.
Russell Cellular has three pillars we live by: Opportunity, Value and Team.
Opportunity: Russell Cellular will partner with you to grow in your career by providing ongoing opportunities to increase your skills and achieve your aspirations.
Value: All Russell Cellular employees deserve to feel valued and we do this through recognition, consistent coaching and feedback, and ongoing training.
Team: Russell Cellular is grounded in a team culture where we expect everyone to help those around themselves to succeed.
Why Russell Cellular?
Here are some reasons why Russell Cellular is the company for you!
- Health, dental, vision, life insurance, and Aflac
- 401K after 1 year
- PTO/Vacation Time
- Industry discounts
- Community Involvement Opportunities
What will you do in your role?
The Demand Planner is directly responsible for the organization's device planning and control. Analyzing vendor proposals, cost, quality, service, and availability are all key responsibilities for this role. This role reports to the Inventory Manager.
A primary responsibility of this position is to manage the device lifecycle and distribution strategies. Additionally, this position will serve as the liaison between Russell Cellular and our vendors. The Demand Planner will establish strong working relationships with vendors. The Demand Planner will partner with other operational and analytical (Merchandise Planning, Marketing, Store Planning) departments to achieve unique objectives and proactively solicit partnerships with colleagues regarding vendors to increase purchasing leverage.
- Tracks new product launches - ensuring timely deliveries and meeting launch deadlines
- Completes purchase orders daily based on review of sell through and stock levels
- Determine and establish optimal inventory levels based on forecast, demand variation and lead times.
- Work closely with Inventory Manager/VP of Inventory to get input on forecast changes/adjustments
- Generate weekly/monthly/quarterly forecasting models
- Reviews monthly promotional planner to determine what inventory levels are needed to meet demand
- Coordinates with Shipping and Receiving to maintain the proper product flow through the facility, in a timely manner
- Understands the need to budget and purchase inventory in a proactive and cost-effective manner.
- Provides recommendation of inventory targets based on demand and market trends
- Prepare reports and communicate forecast both internally and externally (distribution partners)
- Responsible for understanding the needs of RC and then communicating/sharing said needs to potential vendors
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Thorough knowledge of purchasing and the technical aspects of purchasing and procurement.
- Ability to partner and influence vendors/RC Coworkers.
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills with an emphasis on spreadsheet applications.
- Negotiation Skills: Specialist call upon their negotiation skills to get the best terms possible from vendors which involves having a deep understanding of their employer's goals, price points, and budget.
- Analytical Skills: Analytical Skills are essential for Device Coordinator. They call upon their analytical skills to compare vendors based on a variety of factors then use those factors to make the recommendation that best benefits RC.
- Collaborative Skills: works with multiple departments within an organization to understand their needs. Including close alignment with the accounting team when negotiating costs of vendor contracts and regularly auditing invoices.
Come and join us and be a part of the Russell Cellular success!
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Russell Cellular is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Russell Cellular makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.