Join Our Team and Make a Difference
The National Board for Certified Counselors, Inc. and Affiliates (NBCC) fosters a collaborative work environment filled with people dedicated to advancing mental health services across the globe. Through credentialing, examinations, continuing education, legislation, scholarships, and grants, we are passionate about supporting counselors and mental health providers so that they can make the biggest impact for the clients they serve.
Some of our amazing benefits include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid time-off programs (sick, vacation, personal)
- 10 designated holidays
- 7-day paid Winter Break
- 401(K) retirement plan with a 6% company match
- Profit-Sharing Plan
- Employer contribution toward Dependent Care and FSA
- Employer contribution toward Health Savings Account
- Employer-paid Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and Basic Term Life AD&D
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Costco or Sam’s Club membership
- Employer-paid identity theft protection
This position provides web development support to NBCC, Inc. and Affiliates by working with our IT team and our clients to achieve our organization’s digital media goals. The position requires a hands-on professional with an ability to translate our business needs into client-friendly functions that will expand our website’s influence in our industry. The Web Developer will be responsible for updating our current websites, web applications, and web services.
The following responsibilities and duties are a summary of the essential roles and functions of the position. Other duties may be performed as needed or requested to achieve department, division, and/or organizational goals.
- Requires constant communication with colleagues
- Displays strong teamwork skills
- Responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our websites
- Stays plugged in to and applies emerging technologies/industry trends
- Communicates with others as directed on behalf of the IT Director
- Assists department in estimating client IT proposals
- Assists with special projects and events as directed
- Creates and updates website with a high degree of quality
- Presents and defends designs and key deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Implements and maintains high-quality SEO policies and incorporates them with content produced for the website
- Establishes and promotes coding guidelines, best practices, and standards
- Collaborates on code reviews to ensure quality of code base
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in computer science or related field
- 2+ years’ experience in .NET web development
- 2+ years’ experience with C#, WCF/ Web API services, MSSQL, .NET Core, and ASP.NET
- Knowledge of relational database systems, object-oriented programming, and web application development
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly, and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets with business acumen
- Experience with Git repositories
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure platform
- Experience with Entity Framework and LINQ
- Proficiency developing in Visual Studio
- Experience in hosting applications on Microsoft Azure
These are the competencies required to perform successfully in the position:
- Technical Capacity
- Computer Skills
- Customer Focus
- Problem Solving/Analysis
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to use hands, including hand-eye coordination
- Regularly required to sit and talk or hear
- Occasionally required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Physical ability to lift up to 30 pounds
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
|NBCC and Affiliates provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.